Monday, August 29, 2011

Some Monday Morning-into-the-Afternoon Craftiness!

Welcome to another fun-filled week, everyone!  I know I have been VERY MIA lately and I must apologize - between packing, moving, unpacking and hanging out with the kiddos, I just haven't spent much time in my craft room.  But, with school starting this week for one of the monsters and next Tuesday for the other two, I KNOW I will be here MUCH more often.  :)

So today's post is actually a two-fer for y'all - well, you're going to get to see two cards for four challenges...how's that for you?  The first card is for  this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge over at the Cat's Pajamas blog (it's a color challenge...my fave!) as well as for the Viva la Verve Week Four sketch by Charmaine...I had to rotate it 180* to make it work for the stamp set I wanted to use...


I kind of *improvised* and used my clouds as the scallop border at the top of the main panel...the coloring on my bear leaves something to be desired but...whatev'!  LOL

Stamps: Catch My Drift (TCP)  Ink: Chocolate Chip, Onyx Black Versafine  Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, SU! DSP  Accessories: Cloud Border die (TCP), Swiss Dots embossing folder, Seeing Spots embossing folder, paper piercer, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip twine (SU!), Copics

The second card I've got for you is for the Viva la Verve Week Five sketch as well as the CR84FN Color Challenge where I haven't played for awhile - I decided to use Early Espresso for my neutral:


Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve)  Paper: Sweetly Smitten DSP (Sassafras), Madeline DSP (Prima), SU! DSP, Early Espresso, Bashful Blue  Ink: Early Espresso  Accessories: Paper piercer, Circles Nesties, Sweet Scallop Tag die, sponge dauber, Bashful Blue satin ribbon, button, twine

Thanks for stopping by today... hopefully you will be able to stop by again sooner than later!  I have some exciting news to share with you all in the next week or so so I hope you will join me for that PLUS the 4 Crafty Chicks are celebrating ONE YEAR of challenges on Thursday and we have some fun planned for you all!  Enjoy your week!
signature

11 comments:

Lori Turner said...

WAHOOO! Sooo nice to see ya back in action my friend..gorgeous cards!

Jenny said...

Ditto- glad to see more goodies from you!! Love that TCP card!!! Great job:)

Sue Lelli said...

Melissa, isn't school great ~ for US!!! I, too, hope to get more crafty time in! LOVE both cards but will comment on the CR84FN card. Pretty papers and love the piercing! FAB bow and LOVE the rope on the tag! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Melissa, isn't school great ~ for US!!! I, too, hope to get more crafty time in! LOVE both cards but will comment on the CR84FN card. Pretty papers and love the piercing! FAB bow and LOVE the rope on the tag! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Marisa said...

Two great Verve sketch cards. Love how you combined the sketches and nice to see you back in blog land again :) One more week until my kids are back in school.

Heather Rogers said...

Both are fabulous. I love the cute tag with fibers. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun cards Melissa! Love the embossed pieces and the paper piercing detail! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Melissa...both of them :)!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love both of these happy cards! The floating bear is to die for. Great job.

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous cards Melissa!!! WOW! Love your CR84FN card! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Gotta love school - mine was back today :)))

Both these cards are just lovely. I really do like the textured tag and sentiment on your CR84FN card - lovely. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!