Thursday, March 14, 2013

4CCC-133 {CAS} & CQC180 & CTS18



Hidey-ho, crafty neighbours!  How's everyone doing today?  It's time for another 4 Crafty Chicks' Challenge and this week yours truly is in charge of telling you what to do!  ;)  I decided to pick something that I used to be a real challenge for me - and I'm sure it is a tough one for many of you too - Clean & Simple cards.  I have gotten much better at embracing the space and minimal layers/embellishments but sometimes it is so hard to just be *done* with a card. 

Luckily, there are MANY sketch challenges out there that can help those of us who are CAS-challenged & CAS(E) This Sketch is one of my favorites.  I combined their sketch from last week with this week's St. Patrick's Day-inspired Colour Q:




See?  Even *I* deviated from the sketch and added a few little gems in the top corner for sparkle...and it looked so *empty*.  ;)  CAS doesn't have to be boring so have fun - color, texture and dimension can all be used to make a CAS card appear to be *more*.  

Thanks for stopping by today - see you tomorrow for a new BE Inspired Challenge over at The Alley Way Stamps!


 signature

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Melissa! thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

LeAnne said...

I love this sketch...I used it myself for tomorrow's card! Your CAS use of the colors is wonderful--esp the bling! Thanks so much for playing along at the ColourQ this week!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love your card and all the little details! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ!