Welcome to a brand new week! Did you enjoy your weekend? I thoroughly enjoyed mine - I got to sleep in both mornings and on Saturday afternoon my PIC, Lori, and our favorite torturer (AKA our trainer) got prettied up and drove up to the city to meet Lori's sister and friend for the Matt Nathanson, Train and Maroon 5 concert!!!! It was an absolutely giggle-filled night with lots of screaming and yelling and shakin' it - and the concert was fabulous... Train absolutely knocked it out of the park! Maroon 5 opened with "Moves Like Jagger" (which is my favorite song right now) and Matt Nathanson was a pleasant surprise to open the evening up - it ended up being almost 4 hours of entertainment...well worth the price we paid for tickets!
So, this morning I dropped the kids off at school, went over to the gym for some torture and then came home and sat down in my craft room determined to get a card or two done. I *could* have done a card for one of my DTs but decided to do a *for fun* card. I wanted to play along with the TCP Tuesday sketch so went off in search of a color combo and found this lovely one at the Color Throwdown:
I always love playing along with Alma and the Cat Pack over at TCP Tuesday and was totally challenged by this week's sketch:
Stamps: Away We Go (TCP) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Onyx Black Versafine Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Stella Rose DSP (MME), Basics White Paper pad (BG, Bayberry Cottage DSP (Pink Paislee) Accessories: Circles Nesties, Basic Gray satin ribbon, button, twine, Clouds die (TCP), adhesive pearls, paper piercer, canvas flags and trinket pins (Maya Road), Copics (W00, W1, W3, W5, R81, R83, R85, E23, E25, E34, BG18)
I can't wait for the new TCP release - October 11 can't come fast enough! Thanks for stopping by this afternoon - you can really tell it's fall here in Central Alberta... I could see my breath this morning when I took the dog out! The leaves are starting to fall.... my favorite time of the year. :) See you later this week!













4 comments:
Seriously Melissa!!!! Are you trying to steal my spot on the TCP DT?!?! Cuz you are totally gonna do it with this card girl!!
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!
Soooo completely adorable. I love your flags. Perfect take on the sketch, Melissa!
Oh, this is A-dorable!!! Fabulous job on the sketch. And just wait til you see the new release... so YUMMY!!! (Not to be a tease or anything... ;) )
Such a wonderfully fun card. That image is too stinkin' cute. Love the flags too.
Jani
papercompulsions
Post a Comment