Monday, December 8, 2008

Mojo Monday


Marvelous Monday, everyone!  

It is going to be a busy week around here so I was happy to have been able to get some crafting done after school today.  Now that I've finished reading the Twilight series, I don't have the "pull" to read before creating!  It was a great series, BTW.  I'm not usually a vampire kind of gal but this was so much better than I expected.  I'm not sure if I want to see the movie - I've heard it's great if you are a 13 year old girl but maybe not-so-much for a 30-something like me.  What do you think?  If you've seen the movie, please leave a comment to help me make an *informed* choice!  :o)

Anyhoo, back to the reason for this post.  I combined Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch with last week's Color Throwdown:


I kind of changed the sketch a bit and used a sentiment for my main image instead of stamping a sentiment at the bottom like the sketch illustrates.  I used a quote from a Heidi Grace collection and stamped it on Pink Pirouette.  I layered it on Wild Wasabi and Basic Black, paper piercing the Wasabi layer.  I used my newest Martha Stewart border punch to do the black scalloped piece under the quote and attached some Wild Wasabi ribbon.  The pink DP layer was looking a bit boring so I paper pierced the corners and added some black half pearls to the bottom right corner.  Julee always gives us great sketches so its easy to come up with something beautiful.  
That's it for tonight.  Tomorrow is the Splitcoast Color Challenge and Kwerner's Color Challenge - hopefully I'll have time to play.  See you then!


4 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty J Schaub said...

Melissa : Nice job with the MOJO sketch.
Neat colors too.

chica21b said...

I combined these two challenges as well. I love the paper piercing on your card. The card is wonderful.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card. I just love that sentiment. Thanks for playing along! :)