Let's forget about the busy-ness and relax for a few minutes. I have been feeling a bit "mojoless" over the past week, thus my lack of posts. I decided to sit down this morning and I wasn't allowing myself to get up before I had accomplished "something." I was up before anyone else . . . blessed silence . . . and started to check the blogs, something I hadn't really had time to do this week. I started at Splitcoast where I found my color inspiration as well as a sketch. The color challenge for this week was Taken With Teal, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Whisper White. UGH, was my initial reaction. How was I going to make THOSE colors work together???
BUT, I persevered - not going to give up THAT easily! So, without further ado, here we go:
Card #1: Sketch For You To Try
I started by stamping my very cool snowman from an Inkadinkado acrylic set with Riding Hood Red on Whisper White cardstock. I cut him out with my Nestabilities Label and then I used the snowflake from the same set to stamp some Baja Breeze snowflakes around him. I added a metallic brad and a half-pearl to one of the snowflakes to give it some more interest. The rest is pretty self-explanatory: ribbon, ticket corner punch, cuttlebug, swiss dots EF, more pearls. . . This card was a bit harder for me. I wanted to keep Baja Breeze the focal color and I had already cut the BB for the main card. Hmmmm... I worked on the vertical strips first - I used my Nestabilities pinking circles and plain circles to frame the sentiment and other two images. The bottom two images are from the Snowflake Spot set (retired) and the top image is from a $1.50 stamp I bought at Michael's. I put some red brads on the top one for berries and added some more pearls to the snowflake on the bottom. Some white brads in the corners and some ribbon and bows along the side complete the center panel. I started to put it all together and at the last minute, I ran the card front through the cuttlebug with my Snow Dots embossing folder and VOILA:
Card #3 - Taylor's Cupcake Challenge Sketch
My brain was feeling a bit "used" by the time I got to this sketch. It is a beautifully elegant sketch and it gave me a chance to use my Martha border punch again! I started with the main image which, again, is from that Inkadinkado acrylic stamp set. I stamped it with Taken With Teal and ran it through the CB with my rectangle Nestabilities. I layered it onto a piece of Riding Hood Red, scalloped the bottom and paper pierced a double row around the image. Some red brads for berries, a couple photo corners and some sheer ribbon and the main image was done. I found a scrap of Ski Slope paper to use for the bottom panel and ran a piece of Taken with Teal through the CB in the Argyle EF for the top panel. I ticket corner punched the corners and added some silver brads before gluing it all together.












1 comment:
Very pretty! The border you used on the TECC card is the perfect fit with that image! Thanks for playing the challenge!
Post a Comment