Sunday, November 29, 2009

All Five Challenges???


Yep, I did it! I finished them all! YAY ME!

We made gift card holders at our monthly group get-together a couple of months ago so I thought I'd use that for inspiration. When I clicked the links they gave us over at the Verve Blog, I realized that my holder is kind of a combination of Link #2 and Link #3 - it has a belly band like #2 but the card itself is like #3. So, without further ado...here it is:
Recipe: Stamps - Best Yet, Snow Flurries (Stampin' Up), Miscellaneous reindeer (Michael's) Paper: Soft Suede, Real Red, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DP (SU!) Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede, VersaMark Dazzle (Frost), Versafine Onyx Black Accessories: Nestabilities (Square and Scalloped Square), Designer Label punch, circle punch, clear embossing powder, Copics, sponge dauber


I don't own the Word Window punch so I improvised and used the Modern Label punch to make the slot for the gift card to fit into. I had never used the VersaMark Dazzle ink before but I think it add just the right amount of sparkle. Hmmm...speaking of sparkle... I think the reindeer's nose needs an adhesive rhinestone - red, of course! I'm going to do that right now. (Imagine me rolling my chair over to the other end of my counter, finding my rhinestones and sticking one on...) Yep - it looks MUCH better! :)

I'm going to roast a turkey and watch my football game later tonight - GO GREEN!! Thanks to all the ladies over at Verve for giving us some WONDERFUL challenges this weekend to celebrate the new releases. I was over at my friend Lori's house last night and we put our order in - WOOHOO for free shipping over $50!! Remember to stop in and order before tomorrow night to take advantage of the sale.

Thanks for clicking in - I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

3 comments:

Rachel B said...

I love the clear embossing. This is so beautiful!

Lori Turner said...

YAY YOU!! I'm glad you got some crafting in today - the gift card looks very cute! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutley adorable!