Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Couple of Verve Challenges and a Color Throwdown


Hello everyone!  While I was enjoying The Cat's Pajama Release party the other night, I took a few minutes to browse around the Splitcoast Stampers website because I hadn't been there for quite awhile...I know, bad me.  As many of you know, Verve stamps are some of my favorite stamps in the whole world and LOVE to use them whenever I can.  I regularly play in Julee's Mojo Monday challenge but completely forgot about the Viva la Verve weekly challenges and the Verve Stamps Blog challenges... *head hung*  I had to rectify *that* little faux pas and speedy-quick so I sat down this afternoon and whipped a little something up.  :)



This month's Verve Diva Dare challenge is "Baby Love" and this week's Color Throwdown has the PERFECT color combination for a baby card.  For my sketch, I popped back over to the Viva la Verve forum at Splitcoast and found the Week #1 sketch from Amber  & let me tell you, this was a VERY hard sketch for me.  I find that long, skinny cards are more difficult because I feel like I need to *fill* all the space instead of just letting it be... anyone else do this?  I'm probably the only one.  :) 

Stamps: Hello Pumpkin (Verve)  Paper: Very Vanilla, Kraft, SU! DSP, Cappella paper pad (Basic Grey)  Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake  Accessories: Sewing machine, clear embossing powder, buttons, Kraft tag die cut, adhesive pearls, Labels Five Nesties, Kraft taffeta ribbon, sponge dauber

So, there it is - too bad I don't know anyone having a baby.  :( I will see you all back here tomorrow morning for a brand new 4 Crafty Chicks challenge - it's a fun one, you won't want to miss it!  See you then!
signature

5 comments:

Barbara said...

This is so cute! Great job on both challenges! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Andrea Ewen said...

This card is so sweet! Great job of combining all of those challenges, your card came out fabulous! The little darling pumpkin is too cute and I adore those papers you used. On my list of all-time faves!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cute card! Love the soft colors and fun accents. Thanks for taking the Diva Dare!

Elizabeth S. said...

So cute! Love your colors!

Ravengirl said...

It's darling! Now you will have a card on hand when you do find someone who is having a baby!