Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paper Piercing at the 4 Crafty Chicks


Welcome back for another week of 4 Crafty Chicks fun.  I hope you had fun playing with Tamie's marker challenge last week - this week's hostess-with-the-mostest is Lori and she is challenging us all to do some paper piercing on our cards.  I LOVE to paper pierce - I'm sure you already know that!  It really adds a little bit of interest to an otherwise bland card.

For my card, I used last week's TCP Tuesday challenge - it was an inspiration challenge that I found to be a bit difficult:


Hmmm...rock and roll?  I finally decided to go with the colors in the graphic and I took a cue from the whole *music* idea when I chose my papers and stamps.  I loosely based my card on this sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping and paper-pieced Skating Sprinkle as well as the mittens hanging on the twine:

Stamps: I used two older Cat's Pajamas sets - one is called Polar Holiday but I have no idea what the other one is!  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  Paper: Christmas Home (Teresa Collins), Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Basic Black  Accessories: Snowflakes embossing folder, Nesties Labels Seventeen, Ticket Strip die (MFT), button, twine, Big Scallop Cut-Up die (TCP), paper piercer

I hope you will play along with us this week - we love it when you do!  See you soon!

signature

4 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card this week girlie! I love that background paper, your embossing and pokin' is awesome! WTG!

Leanne said...

Cool card, great job on the pokin', but we do know you love it...awesome layout, and the paper is sweet! TFS!

Christy Dillman said...

You were my inspiration this week and I didn't even realize it until I was typing my post, LOL!!! What a wonderful card, I love that sketch from CAS (I used this week too). Love your overall design and that paper is great! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of 4CC team for October!

Hugs,
Christy

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!