Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Trendsetter of the Week at There She Goes!


Happy Monday, crafty peeps!  Did you have a nice weekend?  We got some Christmas shopping done but are nowhere near done.  We *did*, however, break down and buy an "artificial" tree... as hard as it was for me, the tree is beautiful.  :)

Anyhoo, this week is FINALLY my turn to be Trendsetter of the Week over at There She Goes!  As part of my duties, I had to pick a challenge for this week and found this AMAZING, non-traditional Christmas table setting:

I thought that using the colors would be a HUGE challenge for me so off to my paper I went.  I also took some inspiration from the ball decorations and decided that this would be a perfect opportunity to use a technique I saw online awhile back.  I cannot remember *where* I saw it, so if you know, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. :)  Basically all you do is use various border punches to punch strips of paper and then adhere them to cardstock before cutting out the shape you want.  It was fun to do - didn't turn out *exactly* how I envisioned it would but is definitely worth revisiting another time.  :)  The only stamping I used on this card is from TSG's Holly Jolly set (currently out of stock but keep checking back):


Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch was perfect for this card:


I hope you will play along with us this week - inspiration comes in many shapes and forms so don't be afraid to tell us how you were inspired by the picture.  Have fun and don't forget to go back to the TSG blog to link us up.  :)

Enjoy your day!
signature

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Nicely done, love the colors...very cute indeed!

Lisa Lynn said...

Love all the scallops to make the ornament - very creative! This card is adorable.

Lori Turner said...

Heyyyyyy...this is cool!! I love that ornament! WTG friend!

Marisa said...

Loooove how you used the circle and turned it into an ornament! Great use of the sketch!

Diane's Stampin' Creations! said...

Too cute! I will case this.

Torico said...

Sooooo pretty!