Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Verve Spotlight Hop - Day Two!


Hello everyone!  I am SOOOOOO excited to be part of this month's release over at Verve as one of their Guest Divas along with Cresta Woodruff and last month's Guest Diva, Janelle Stollfus.  I have been stalking my mailbox for the past two weeks waiting for the stamps to arrive and, after spending three glorious days in Customs, they arrived YESTERDAY!  Unfortunately, that meant I wasn't able to play along for the first day of the Splotlight Hops but I am ready to go for the rest of the week - including the oh-so-much-fun release party over at Splitcoast on Friday night!

So, without further ado, it's time to shine our sneaky Verve spotlight on some brand new stamps! Today's Spotlight shines on the Bloom and Grow stamp set as well as the two new "A Cut Above" dies, Elegant Leaves and Floral Circles. We're counting down to Verve's release party this Friday night, April 15, with FOUR days of Spotlight Hops! And since we love to share, there's a prize hidden on one of today's hop spots! Just leave a little shout-out in the comments as you hop about for a chance to win some new Verve of your very own! You can check out the Verve Blog for all the prize details and deadlines.


1. Amber 8. Julee
2. Amy 9. Laurie
3. Andrea 10. Maureen
4. Charmaine 11. Teresa
5. Cresta 12. Tosh
6. Jackie 13. Sankari
7. Janelle 14. Melissa

TODAY'S PRIZE:
Bloom & Grow, Elegant Leaves Die and Floral Circles Die Set

Hopefully you hopped here from Sankari's blog but if you didn't, PLEASE hop back to the beginning and check out ALL of the Divas' creations - I'm POSITIVE they will knock your pants off!!  If you happen to get lost along the way, hop over to the Verve Stamps Blog to get you back on track.

OK - so let me tell you how much I {heart} me my Verve... this month's releases are amazing, awesome, stunning, elegant...how many more adjectives could I use?  The stamp sets are so great and the dies??  To *die* for!  (Pun totally intended!)  I didn't have any of the Cut Above dies before and now that I have a nice selection, I can't wait to use them all!  When I first saw this week's Mojo Monday sketch, I wasn't sure if I'd play along this week but, after seeing the new "Bloom and Grow" set, I knew it was the PERFECT sketch to use. Not only could I use the stamps but I could use BOTH of the new dies, "Floral Circles" and "Elegant Leaves."

 ...and one of my newest paper pads to create this:

Stamps: Bloom and Grow (Verve)  Ink: Basic Grey  Paper: Basic Grey, Taken With Teal, 'Hazel' DSP (MME)  Ink: Basic Grey, Taken With Teal, Old Olive  Accessories: Floral Circles die (Verve), Elegant Leaves die (Verve), paper piercer, Basic Grey satin ribbon, button, twine, sewing machine, Scallop Edge border punch

I hope you all enjoyed today's Spotlight Hop - don't forget to visit the Verve blog tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. (Eastern Time) for the Day Three Hop list!  I'll see you back here tomorrow - same time, same place!

59 comments:

Crestajune said...

Beautiful card, Melissa! So glad your stamps and dies finally arrived! Have a wonderful day!

Lin said...

I just got this paper pad myself, so you have doubly inspired me - thanks! LOVE these new stamps and die-cuts, and they've moved to the top of my wishlist!!

Tanya said...

Oh these were so worth the wait, your card is gorgeous girl!

Lori Turner said...

Look at you go! :) I love this card and the new set/die is awesome! Verve is making it easier for us to stamp/cut and I love it! WTG friend!

Leanne said...

What a beautiful card, so glad the mail genie got them to you finally. You did a fantastic job on the sketch. Love them stamps!

bethann said...

beautiful. so they were playing w this set in customs heh?

Nancy B said...

So pretty, I'm so inspired after this hop! Wish I could stay home from work and play!

Sankari W. said...

So glad that you got your stamps Melissa! You totally did not lose a second - you created amazing beauty in this gorgeous card!!! LOVE your beautiful card!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

Wanda Cullen said...

So glad you got to make a sample for us today...it's beautiful! I'm loving these new flowers and leaves with matching dies!

Nicole said...

Very pretty! Congrats on your GDT spot. Love how you used the flower and leaves in the sketch.

Luanne said...

The new stamps are perfect for the sketch challenge! Your card is just beautiful. Have fun playing with your treasures! We'll look forward to seeing more...!

Tracy said...

Thanks for the inspiration...this card is so lovely!

Marsha said...

So very beautiful.

Denisse said...

wonderful! i love the papers and the layering!

Marisa said...

Those customs guys need to be trained on how to send the Verve through ASAP! Glad you got your goodies. Your card is lovely and you used the mojo sketch fabulously to showcase this flower set.

marilynwillauer said...

Love your card, the colors are awesome, and the Verve Stamp is FANTASTIC!!! Loveing the new stamps!!!

Joanne Gilch said...

Great take on the MOJO sketch. Your new papers are wonderful! Love the Verve leaf die hanging over the card and the double layering of the Floral Circles.

My Creative Therapy said...

So so pretty love the colors and the details!!

Lorus! said...

This is beautiful!!!

Amy Kolling said...

More flowers and leaf dies? Be still my heart! Love your card!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Melissa! I love what you've done with the mojo sketch and the new stamps! So glad to have you designing with us for this release!

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely lovely!!!

HerminiaRegolf said...

Beautifull, I especially love the top picture, it's gorgeous!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colors and the buttons and twine! And that's such a fabulous take on this week's Mojo sketch! Love it!

Rona said...

beautiful - love the color combo and your pretty bow!!

Tina said...

So pretty! Perfect with the sketch! You did great!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty and congrats on your Divahood! I love the gray accents and that ribbon is luscious!! Great job!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How sweet and charming is this card Melissa!! I love the fabulous colors and how the new Verve flowers match brilliantly with the dp you used!! So glad you're joining us this month and that your stamps finally arrived!! :)

Colorado Crafter said...

Great card!! This new Verve release is wonderful!!!

Heather said...

Oooohhh . . . so pretty! I'm so glad you got to join in on today's sneek peeks. Congrats on being a guest diva and I can definitely see why they picked you; your card is beautiful and I love your take on the mojo monday sketch.

Darla said...

This card is SO PRETTY!! I really need those stamps and dies!!

Lea L. said...

This is so soft and pretty...I love it! That satin gray ribbon is just fabulous!!

Christina said...

So soft and pretty! Love the gray satin ribbon and gorgeous papers you chose!

Jennipher said...

Great patterned papers. Absolutely lovely card!

Mary said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors, the ribbon. It's all amazing!

Unknown said...

I'm loving these new flowers and leaves with matching dies!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! The flowers go right along with the paper patterns and colors.

I LOVE these stamps and die sets!!!

Christine said...

Pretty!

inga said...

Great looking card.

Unknown said...

Congrats and great card!!!!

Anonymous said...

The paper and design is delightful-worth the wait. I can't wait to see what else you create! Thanks for sharing :)

P said...

Love your colors, and how the paper piercing echoes the stitching!

Pam said...

What beautiful colors on these papers! This card is really pretty. Have to have all of these.

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Great colors. TFS

joy said...

Beautiful card! The colors, the paper punching and every detail has the hallmark of excellence!

kksb said...

Soft and lovely! So very nice.

Tarina said...

Oh my goodness, your artwork is so beautiful. I have not seen this paper from Basic Grey yet - love it. Nice job.

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is beautiful and love the paper.

pqueenie said...

What a different look. Grey is absolutely beautiful. Lovely card.

Crafty Math Chick said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE those patterned papers and I am so impressed with how PERFECTLY you matched them with your ink colors Melissa. I can't wait to get this set and that FAB leaf cluster die!

Jan Garber said...

Great color combination! Love the bow!

Ravengirl said...

Love this beautiful card!

Sue D said...

Very pretty card--I like the papers you chose.

Julia M said...

Love the soft colors....these dies are a must have!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card!
Rachelle
joyfulhrtatgmail.com

Cher said...

eek..u turned me on to more paper I DONT HAVE LOL... but your work is lovely!

Jess Willison said...

WOW! This is stunning! I can't wait to get my hands on these sets!

KanataNewf said...

great colour combo!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Awesome Melissa. Love the papers! So fabulous and so happy for you to be part of this Verve release!