Thursday, April 28, 2011

Distressing at the 4 Crafty Chicks!


Hey everyone!  I'm sorry I've been so quiet lately but between work and the kids and trying to get packed and organized to move, extra crafting time has been at a minimum.  Hopefully things will settle down soon but we're still unsure as to the *exact* move date.  I'm pretty excited!

So, this week's hostess-with-the-mostest over at the 4 Crafty Chicks is my PIC, Lori, and she has given us a technique challenge - distressing.  There are lots of ways to use this technique so have fun with it.  For my card I decided to sponge the edges of the panels to give it a distressed look.  I got to use a few of my new Verve goodies - the sentiment stamp as well as the scallop tag die - I love my Verve!

Stamps: Smallest Things Plain Jane (Verve)  Paper: Hello Luscious DSP (Basic Grey), Early Espresso, Very Vanilla  Ink: Early Espresso  Accessories: Sweet Scallop die (Verve), twine, adhesive pearls, sewing machine, sponge dauber, Apron border die (TCP), Rose Red seam binding, button

The sketch is from the Viva la Verve forum over at Splitcoast - it is April's Week Four sketch by Shannan.  Initially, I was *very* frightened by it but she had such a great tutorial on her blog, I gave it a try and think it turned out pretty nicely.  :)


I hope you will play along with us over at the 4 Crafty Chicks - we love it when you do!  Enjoy your week!

signature

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this card! You have used that sketch BEAUTIFULLY! I have to look this up and try it out. Your colors, papers and entire design are gorgeous!

Lori Turner said...

Wow! This card is stunning, Melissa! I love that sketch and all the colors...very cool. I will have to try this technique too. Love all the inking :)

Thanks for the rockin' card for my challenge this week xoxoox

Tamie said...

Stunning! Melissa. Your creativeness gives the wow factor on this too. Love the distressing on your beautiful card.

Jackie Pedro said...

You ROCKED that sketch, Melissa! Gorgeous card!

Leanne said...

Cool Sketch, and the colors you used, nicely done. I like the sentiment....Verve has the best! TFS!

Gail said...

what a fun card! I love it :)

Tara said...

I am in LOVE with this card! I love the colours, the layout, the bling... you did a wonderful job!!! I made a scrapbook page using a similar style recently but have not posted it yet. Soon though. I am also a new fellow Canadian follower :) I would love for you to stop by my blog

http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

Great job Melissa:)I just got that verve set and I am in love with that quote!! I HAVE to try that technique!