Friday, April 15, 2011

Verve Release Blog Hop - Day Four!


Is it Friday already?  *sniff*  That means it's the last day of Verve's Spotlight Hops and the last day for your chance to win some of the newest Verve-y goodness!!

It's time to shine our sneaky Verve spotlight on some brand new stamps! We're counting down to Verve's release party TONIGHT, Friday, April 15, with FOUR days of Spotlight Hops! And since we love to share, there's a prize hidden on one of today's hop spots! Just leave a little shout-out in the comments as you hop about for a chance to win some new Verve of your very own! You can check out the Verve Blog for all the prize details and deadlines.

For today's card I used one of the lovely sentiments from the Hope Blooms set.  I also used the largest flower and I used my new-favorite die, Floral Circles, to cut it out.  The die is a teeny bit smaller than the stamp so you can't really see the great outline of the flower -- I have a feeling this is going to be a very well-used set in my house.  :)  I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White and then used my new Sweet Scallop Tag die to cut it out. 

Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve)  Ink: Not Quite Navy, More Mustard  Paper: Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Whisper White, "Hattie" DSP (MME)  Accessories: Floral Circles Die & Sweet Scallop Tag Die (Verve), paper piercer, adhesive pearls, button, twine, white taffeta ribbon, corner rounder

I got to use Andrea's FABULOUS Viva la Verve Sketch for April - Week Two:


OK ladies, this is it - I'm your last stop.  Did you have as much fun as I did???   Did you remember to leave some love for all of the Divas for your chance to win some of the new releases?  If you didn't, please go back to the beginning to see the amazing stuff these girls create - I promise you won't be sorry!

I hope to see you all tonight for the release party - I can't wait!!!  See you later!





1. Julee 8. Jackie
2. Tosh 9. Charmaine
3. Amber 10. Janelle
4. Amy 11. Teresa
5. Maureen 12. Laurie
6. Cresta 13. Sankari
7. Andrea 14. Melissa

TODAY'S PRIZE:
Hope Blooms, Proverbs 16:9 Plain Jane and Floral Circles Die Set


61 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty. Thanks for showing off another of the sentiments. And great use of the sketch!

Vickie Z said...

Love those papers. Yes, this flower is fabulous. Great use of the sketch!!

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card Melissa! I love that sentiment and the dies are awesome - can't wait to get my hands on some :) TFS!

Rachel B said...

Fabulous! I love the tag. Looks so great with the flowers!

{Chrissie} said...

Great color choices and such a fun card!I love those flower stamps!

joannhw said...

What a beautiful card!! So cant wait to get this set!!

Jessica said...

Great card, I love this paper!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card and am loving those papers! Great layout as well!

Luanne said...

Another wonderful sentiment, on a fabulous card! Love the dark blue and gold colors, super cute! TFS! Looking forward to tonight...if I can keep up! :-)

Joanne Gilch said...

Your cards are always so inspirational for me. Like the way you paper pierced around the scalloped tag.

Denisse said...

your card is GORGEOUS Melissa! and that sentiment...oh my!!! how I love it!!!

marilynwillauer said...

Pretty card! Love your color combination.

KanataNewf said...

what a great combo of papers.

Leanne said...

Another amazing card, you did it wonderfully! That flower die is pretty stinkn' cute. Love that paper! TFS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful, Melissa! Love that bit of frayed twine on the tag, and the colors and accents are just perfection!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Melissa!
Rachelle
joyfulhrt at gmail dot com

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the color combo you used!!

shellybob said...

Very pretty. Love these new stamps

Unknown said...

I like your take on this sketchl Your colors are wonderful and the sentiment is great.

Rona said...

another beautiful card!!

kksb said...

Your card is lovely!

jan farnworth said...

cute card.

Julia M said...

I used the same dp for this sketch too!!!!

P said...

Great colors, and love that sentiment!

Crafty Math Chick said...

This color combination and these DPs are so pretty Melissa! Terrific job with this sketch too! I have really enjoyed seeing all your Vervey creations on the hops this month. :)

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I love your papers and that sentiment is fantastic. Now I have that Natalie Cole song in my head, lol! :)

freida said...

OH ME! I can tell my budget is going out the window! :) TOTALLY LOVE THIS TAG (the fonts are AWESOME) and your design ROCKS BIG TIME!!! The flower is AMAZING too...love the twine with the pearls...kinda like sweet n'sour!
This card is SOOO EXCITING! :) Thank you for such magnificent inspiration! :)

Pam said...

Very pretty! Love those papers!

Lillian Child said...

Simply delightful, Melissa!!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Colorado Crafter said...

Great card. And wow, another peek at one more of the new stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

merrymstamper said...

Awesome card, love the Hattie paper from MME!!! and the font on this sentiment is just amazing. Love it

mekei said...

beautiful. love the colors

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love the new sentiments and the colors you chose for this card are so pretty!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Very pretty card. Pretty DP. I like the button center on the flower and how you used the new die to cut it out.

Lisa Lynn said...

What a beautiful card - love the colors and paper.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous job with the sketch!

Marsha said...

Love the colors. Very clever and creative using a tag in the middle.

Sherry Kushibab said...

Love the DP and layout.....great colors - buttons go so well with that stamp. TFS

BonnieC said...

I love everything about this card!! I "need" this set!!

Anonymous said...

The colors are so pretty and I love your layering, too!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Drooling over your papers!!!! And I love that sentiment adn the font! What a gorgeous card, Melissa!

Sue D said...

Great sketch--I like the sentiment on the tag and the color combo.

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch. Love taht DP and your use of the tag die. Going to be a tough night on the wallet tonite LOL!

Unknown said...

I love the sentiment and your take on the sketch is awesome.

Crestajune said...

Fabulous card, Melissa! I LOVE those Stella and Rose papers! Great job with all of the projects this week, you are really talented! It's been fun hasn't it?
Have a wonderful day!
~Cresta

Jennipher said...

You've done a fabulous job here. The color combination is delightful and everything just flows so well. Beautiful!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty card. Love the papers and colors you used.TFS

scrappinmommom said...

Lovely cards.. Can't wait to get the new dies.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see another sentiment from this set and the colors you used are delightful. TFS :)

Heather said...

Beautiful card! Love that orange and blue combo. And I love seeing your take on the sketch.

slbt17 said...

great choice of paper ... very nice!
Sandra ltb

joy said...

Beautiful card with wonderful colors -- and I really like how you have drawn attention to the sentiment with the paper piercing!

Michele said...

Great touch with the paper piercing ~ FUN! Terrific colors ... I love this sketch, you did an amazing job with it. Thanks for sharing and spreading some inspiration around! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Melissa! You used my favorite Verve die!!

bethann said...

love the card and this is another must have sentiment for me, love that font and it is a message i use often for my kids

Cher said...

luv your card... another set I must have! wonderful hop! ty ty ty

Helen said...

What a wonderful card. I love the colours and the sentiment looks great on the tag!

Jan Castle said...

Nicely done...thanks for sharing!
www.jancastle.blogspot.com
Jan's Joy

Anonymous said...

Melissa, your creations are beautiful and inspire. I'm just now getting into making cards, wondering what are the dimension of most your cards?

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just beautiful, Melissa! So happy!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Gorgeous card Melissa! Love that perfect white bow and tag together with that crazy sentiment!