Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Verve-y Goodness Combined With the Play Date Cafe Equals...


Pure loveliness!!  Hi everyone - I've got a quick mid-week card for you all.  This is one of the cards I made last week as Verve's Guest Diva for their newest release - and let me tell you... this release is AWESOME!  If you haven't had a chance to check everything out, you'd better get over there!  The new dies are amazing... and the stamps are designed to coordinate with them.  Can it get better than that??  How about a deal if you buy ALL of the new stamps???  Gotta love it!  :)

I wanted to make a more masculine card since most of my other ones are distinctly feminine and found this great color combo over at the Play Date Cafe:


I found this sketch a few weeks ago over at clean & simple stamping and it worked perfectly for what I had in mind:


My card uses the new Proverbs 16:9 Plain Jane as well as one of the sentiments from Happy Phrases.  I also used the Charming Banner and the new Elegant Leaves die.  The elegant leaves die coordinates perfectly with the leaves stamp in the Bloom & Grow set...

Stamps: Bloom & Grow, Proverbs 16:9, Happy Phrases (Verve)  Ink: Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Rich Cocoa Memento  Paper: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Crumb Cake  Accessories: Elegant Leaves Die (Verve), Charming Banner Die (Verve), Labels Seventeen Nestabilities (Spellbinders), sponge dauber, sewing machine, buttons, twine, eyelets

Thanks for stopping by - see you tomorrow for a new 4 Crafty Chicks challenge!

2 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely STUNNING card!!! So wonderful to have it in the gallery at The Play Date Cafe....beautiful!

Marisa said...

Love it!