OH. MY. GOSH!!! How excited am I??? Over-the-MOON excited, I tell ya! Thanks to Karen over at Sweet Sunday Sketches for asking me to be this week's Guest Designer! Karen's sketches are some of my favorite "go-to"s so I was THRILLED to get a sneak peek at this week's to play along with her and the rest of the fabulously amazing design team!
I must say I LOVE this week's sketch - lots of layers and those little fish-tail flags I {love} so much. :) Take a peek:
I used a lovely, calm color combo from the gals over at CR84FN Color Challenge to make a *relatively* simple Thank You card. I tried to keep it as flat as possible because I have to mail this one! The little wooden star button might prove a bit tricky but it was so cute, I had to use it! Oh - and I turned the sketch so it is up & down instead of side-to-side:
If you'd like to play along with us this week (and why wouldn't you?), don't forget to check out the rest of Karen's amazing DT:
and then link your card back at the Sweet Sunday Sketch post. Thanks, again, Karen for letting me join you this week! I had a great time and look forward to many more fantastic sketches!














6 comments:
Melissa, this is wonderful! Love the texture you added with the embossing, stitching and popped up star! Fabulous card! Congrats on being the guest designer this week!
such a fun card, love all the texture! Glad you joined us this week!!!
I love this soft color combo and the sketch looks even better flipped on its side! You and Dana and Karen are all on the same page this week, haha! Beautiful job with the sketch and I'm SO thrilled you were able to join us this week!
So glad that you could join us this week Melissa! Your card is lovely, I really like how you flipped the sketch and your placement of your sentiment with the fun star button!
the colours you chose are fabulous & I like how you put the sentiment on the panel
Sorry that I missed this friend!! Congrats on being the guest stamper for the week - AWESOME card! Love the layers and textures you added! WOOT! WOOT!!
Post a Comment