Friday, October 24, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #39

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I was out and about the web today and came across Taylored Expressions. O-M-G! What cute cards she makes and the stamps she designs are pretty awesome too. I totally LOVE the new Christmas cupcake sets found here.

Anyhow, being new to the whole blogging thing, I thought I'd give her challenge a shot. Unfortunately, I could NOT find any stamps I wanted to use that were small enough to fit the sketch layout for a 4-1/4"x 5-1/2" card so I grabbed my Hero Arts cupcakes and made a half-fold card instead:



I started by stamping the cupcakes on Very Vanilla with Timber Brown Staz-On. I used classic ink and a blender pen to color the images and then added a bit of glitter for sparkle. I paper-pieced the cupcake papers on each one to coordinate with the strip of paper beside it. I found an UNOPENED *travesty!!!* roll of SU!'s brown satin ribbon from last winter so I used it for the bows - I made the ribbon go all the way across instead of what was suggested. I added the sentiment inside an Aged Copper HPH.

I think it turned out pretty good - for a VIRGIN Cupcake Challenge Gal! Enjoy!

Supplies: Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, So Saffron. Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye. Stamps: Hero Arts Cupcakes, sentiment from My Favorite Things' "You Take the Cake" set. Miscellaneous: SU! Brown Satin Ribbon, glitter, Hodgepodge Hardware

5 comments:

Taylor said...

This turned out so cute, Melissa! I love those cute, yummy cupcakes! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Sankari W. said...

what a sweet and yummy card - love the delicious chocolate ribbons on the side! and of course the cupcakes are delish!

Ida said...

Very nice. I love those cupcakes and the sparkle is wonderful. Glad you decided to play along. I've been playing too lately and am having a blast.

Catherine said...

this is so adorable...love it!

Kathryn said...

Oh so cute -- LOVE those cupcakes -- so YUMMY!! Great job! :)