Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Morning Four-in-One

Hello chickies!

I was up kind of early this morning. . . why is it when you {can} sleep in, your body says you {can't}?  I took it as an opportunity to put a Berry Crisp in the oven for breakfast and then peruse the blogs to see if I could conjure up a quick card.

What did I find?? I found four amazing challenges that seemed to be perfect for each other.  First of all, Embellish Magazine has another pretty combination this week - not colors I'd normally put together or even use:


I popped over to Paper Sundaes and discovered that their challenge this week is a Recipe Challenge: Use 4 flowers, 3 buttons, and 2 designer papers on your card.  As soon as I read that I KNEW which sketch I was going to use because it was a-match-made-in-heaven-perfect for this recipe!  Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch is a beauty (as usual):


After I had those three challenges put together in my brain, I needed an image or sentiment so I clicked over to Sentimental Sundays to check out the freebie digi images for this week and discovered the most perfect one - along with the challenge to use ribbon on your card.  Ummm....hello?  Ribbon's what I {do}!  LOL  So, off I went to create - - - wanna see?

Stamp: Digi image from Sentimental Sundays  Paper: Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, peach-y Bazzill, SU! DSP, unknown polka dot paper  Accessories: Various ribbons, CutUps Flowers Die (TCP), hemp twine, buttons, paper piercer, scor-tape

I'm not sure if this card qualifies for the second part of the Embellish Challenge for a quirky-cutesy-clean style but it's the best I could do!  I actually love the soft color combination and the sketch was so perfect, how could I not use it?  I did have to squish the flowers together a bit to make the sentiment fit properly but I think the basic gist of the sketch is still there...right?

Thanks for stopping by - I love to have visitors and appreciate the time it takes for you to stop and take a peek.  See you tomorrow with another two cards and three more challenges!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, this is just stunning! I love all that ribbon!

Cheryl Gaffney said...

I followed your link from The Sweetest Thing and just had to tell you how wonderful your card is! I am happy to become a follower on your lovely blog too!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Alica said...

oh wow, this is so cool! love what you did with the ribbons.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Savitri said...

What a pretty pretty card!!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE how you used the ribbons.

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays “Ribbon or Lace” challenge. I hope you will join us again next Sunday for our new challenge.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Charlene Austin said...

This is fantastic. I love how all the challenges worked so well together. And it counts perfectly for the Embellish challenge! Thanks so much for joining us!

Monique said...

Holy Smokers this is fabulous.. Love all the details and ribbon.. Great take on the sketch Melissa :)

Christine said...

Oh, I love this! It is so gorgeous! Wonderful job with your ribbons, I can never get mine to look right when I try this technique! :) Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Gorgeous!! I love that ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

Hugs,
Wendy

Traveling Mama said...

I'm right there with you! I'm just grateful the sun isn't rising until 5am now! When we first got here it rose at 3am! Craziness! I love your gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along! Hugs from Denmark!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Stunning!