Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm in {love} With The Cat's Pajamas!!


I think this is the first post I've made in a few weeks that isn't one of my {obligations} and . . . oh my word!! Did I EVER have fun with this card!

A couple of weeks ago, Alma and the gang at The Cat's Pajamas released eight FABULOUS new stamp sets and to celebrate, they had a pajama party over in their forum at Splitcoast Stampers and I was lucky enough to hang out with the gals for a couple of hours AND win goodies!!!  Thanks to Google, I was the first person to answer the question, "What is a group of cats and a group of penguins called?"  (Didja' know that a group of cats is a clowder and a group pf penguins is a waddle or rookery?)  As a result, I won all three of their AMAZING, new Cut-Ups Die Cuts!  I also ordered four of the new stamp sets and got them in my hot little hands just the other day.  I have been DYING to find some time to play with them... and today I {made} the time. 

I haven't played with Arielle and her Royal Court at the Colour Q Challenge for a LONG time and when I saw this week's colors, I knew they'd work PERFECTLY with the stamp I wanted to use:


AND - Julee's Mojo Monday sketch was just the thing I needed to get me going - I think the stars must have been in alignment today because the colors and the sketch worked BEAUTIFULLY together:


I used my new "A Whale of a Time" and my Wave die to create this fun card:

Stamps: A Whale of a time (TCP)  Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, various SU! DSP  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  Accessories: Paper piercer, corner rounder, Nesties, stitched grosgrain ribbon, buttons, twine, Square Lattice embossing folder, Copics, twine



Don't you just love it? I kind of took some liberties with the panel with the wavy bottom.  Instead of making the yellow panel wavy, I made the layer underneath reach up into the yellow layer with my waves ~ I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Here are the challenges this card "fits":
  • ColourQ - colors
  • Mojo Monday - sketch
  • TCPTues121 - use their new Cut-Ups dies for your creation
  • TCP Customer Blog Hop
I hope you will pop over to The Cat's Pajamas website and peek at their stamps - they are even having a SALE right now - who doesn't love a sale???  The bunny ones are my favorites - his ears are SO adorable!!!



Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is AWESOME!!!!!!

Lori Turner said...

AWWW..this is super cute! :)

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

I really adore this card! I didn't do the Mojo because I didn't really like the sketch that much, but I love what you did with it! Great job!!!

Marisa said...

Beyond adorable, Melissa!!!! Just LOVE what you've done with this week's mojo sketch!

Alma said...

Stunning. Just stunning

Maya Isaksson said...

Such a cute card :) I just love the waves in the bottom and the stamps are fun!

My first time doing Mojo Monday and I really enjoy looking at everyones creations!

(http://smautbrott.blogspot.com/ if you want to check out my card. Sorry it's in swedish...)

LuAnn said...

Definitely caught my eye how you used the sketch for this card! wow! you did a whale of a job on this card!! LOL

Andrea VS said...

Super cute! Great whale and waves.

Jennifer Roach said...

This is so super cute!! I think I need to get that stamp for sure ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Melissa!

Kim x said...

Fab card Melissa, love your waves.
Kim x

Rosemary said...

what a fantastic card! so adorable!

Amy Rohl said...

fab-U-lous, Melissa! Perfect balance and it just screams fun!!

Amy Rohl said...

fab-U-lous, Melissa! Perfect balance and it just screams fun!!

Sylvia said...

Very creative card! I love all the detail and fun elements! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is absolutely darling! Love your textured waves! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This card is so cute! I love the whale and the waves are great!!