Sunday, August 8, 2010

Act #42 & Unscripted Sketches


How fun are the new In Colors from Stampin' Up???  Well, I can only {hope} that they are as lovely as they look because, sadly, I {still} don't have any of them...*sniff*... yet.  :)  I FINALLY placed an order with my enabler, Lori, the other day and my new stuff should be here within the next couple of weeks!

So, in order to play with Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge this week, I had to be {creative}.  I dug through my stash of non-SU! cardstock (mostly Bazzill stuff that was on sale at my LSS) and found something that I {think} is close to the Peach Parfait and then used some Basic Grey paper that looks like it could be Pear Pizazz.  I had a few scraps of Early Espresso that Lori had given me awhile back for another project so I made good use of what I had left.


I used the newest sketch from Unscripted Sketches:

And got this:

Stamp: Meditations (Verve)  Paper: Early Espresso, Basic Grey DP, Very Vanilla, Bazzill CS  Ink: Chocolate Chip  Accessories: Paper piercer, satin flower, buttons, gingham ribbon, twine
The rest of the Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection 


and 
our fabulous Guest Designer for August...Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 41 creation using Mr. Linky back over at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Have fun!

16 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Stunning!! Simply perfect... great job with this week's colours, chick! xxx

Lori Turner said...

Woweee girlie! Awesome card! You did very well with what you had! WTG!

Teresa Kline said...

your creations always inspire, this is gorgeous...have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how that even though your flower is bold, the sentiment takes center stage.

Amy White said...

Wonderful card Melissa! Love the sketch you've chosen - it really shows this verse off beautifully!

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous creation, Melissa! all that digging paid off, dearie:)

Marisa said...

Love the big prima with the buttons. You did a great job with the subbing. Lovely card for this week :D

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty, Melissa!! I love the blossom accent...the details on it are so cute! Great job with this week's colors!

♥♥♥Lea

Julie said...

Just beautiful, love that big flower!

dstandard said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Leanne said...

Very nicely done, love the colors...very cool! TFS!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Melissa!!! L.o.v.e the Psalm and the big flower!!! Hugs ~S~

Shelley said...

Love all your layers and piercing and sentiment...all of it! Fabulous card for the Curtain Call!

Sue said...

The flower packs such a punch on this one Melissa!!! The ribbon and the button to boot are fabulous!! :)

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I like the verse and that big flower. Thanks for playing with US this week.

Marcy said...

Just GORGEOUS!! I love your style.
Thanks for playing along with US this week.