What a great week it has been. We only had school 3 days due to "Professional Development" days for the teachers so I'm spending today and tomorrow getting crafty!
I haven't been over to the Color Throwdown challenge lately so I was curious to see what this week's color combination was:

My initial reaction was, "Ummmmm . . .what?" I would NOT have ever in a bazillion years thought to put Brocade Blue with red and black but I was up for the challenge.
The first card I did is for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch:
Julee seems to come up with one amazing sketch after another, week after week. . . I think her sketches are my favorites to do. I started out by picking my stamp image for this card. I am VERY short on birthday cards so I chose SU!'s "Crazy For Cupcakes" set and stamped the tray of cupcakes on Whisper White. I colored the image with my Copics and cut it out with my Labels One Nesties. I layered it on the Brocade Blue also cut out with my Nesties, paper pierced the left side and added some pearls. The right-hand side of the background is some Basic Black I ran through my CB in the Swiss Dots folder and the left side is some printed vellum I found in my stash. Some gingham ribbon, a sentiment from the "Best Yet" set and I was done:
Card number two was inspired by Our Creative Corner's weekly sketch:
I admit I was puzzled for quite some time with this one. I don't have many stamps that are circle-oriented so I had to dig through ALL of my sets. I found the heart image in the "Doodle That" set from SU! and the sentiment is from the "Best Yet" set - again. The ribbon is from a box of ribbons I got at Costco a LONG time ago - at the time I thought they'd get SO much use but, unfortunately, this is the first time I've ever used this particular roll! I Cuttlebugged the Brocade Blue background, added a filigree brad to the heart image, used my Nesties to cut the circle shapes and voila:Today's final card for this week's Splitcoast Stampers' Sketch #213:
This one came together pretty quickly. I stamped the "Upsy Daisy" image with my Onyx Black Versafine ink and then clear embossed it. I sponged some Bashful Blue over top and then cut it out with my Nesties. I layered it on Real Red and Whisper White and went to work on the background. I used some more of the printed vellum on a Basic Black layer, ticket corner punched the corners and added some pearls. The vertical panel is a piece of black I edged both side of with my Martha Stewart border punch and added a strip of blue down the middle. The horizontal panel is some more of the gingham ribbon on top of Basic Black. A couple of bows were added just because I thought they needed to be there! LOL Some flowers in the bottom right complete the card:So - that's it! I'm hoping to spend tomorrow with my peep, Lori. We haven't crafted together for awhile and Josh had been asking for WEEKS to go over to their house so tomorrow just might be the day!
Gotta run and get supper started - enjoy the rest of your Thursday!












11 comments:
Well, you have been one busy stamper! These are beautiful, each one in its own right! I am glad we were able to help you out today with ALL your challenges! Come back and play again!
LeAnne
Great cards - glad you gave it a try!!! Thanks for playing!
Wow, Melissa! These are all wonderful cards! I especially love how you used your ribbons and all the cool layers! Thanks for playing along with us!!
Awexome cards there PEEP! I agree with you, those colors are ones I wouldn't *dream* of putting together - but you did a fantastic job! Way to go!
Another bunch of really cute cards, Melissa. Great challenges you picked.
OMGosh, what fabulous cards and the colors are super for all three designs! Your designs are marvelous! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!
These are FANTASTIC
Wow, you went to town! These are all wonderful...the combo of challenges is just great! So glad you played along with the CTD!
OMGosh!! They're all just wonderful!!! You rocked all three challenges big-time! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next week!
They are all great card. I would not have put those colors to-gether ,But they are wounderfull.
OH My Goodness -- I JUST love all three cards -- the colors are so great !! You did a FABULOUS job on all the challenges! :)
Post a Comment