Hey everyone!
I hope you are enjoying your summer holidays as much as I am. . . the weather has been VERY cooperative lately and we have been able to get a fair bit of work done in the yard that has been, shall I say, neglected the last few weeks.
Between working and playing outside, running errands to town, looking for a new vehicle, my crafting time has been little to none BUT I managed to sit down on Friday night and get my card for Stacey's Curtain Call - Act 37 and what a great color combo she gave us this week:
Don't the cupcakes look YUMMY? I always love the sketches over at Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge and this week's sketch is no exception:
I quickly stopped in at the Paper Makeup Stamps challenge to see hat they had for us this week and discovered a fun one: they want us to make a window card, and I must admit, I have NEVER done one of these so I thought I'd give it a try.
I still had some turquoise and melon mambo out in my desk from my STR card last week so it wasn't hard to put this beauty together - actually it *was* kind of hard but only because I forgot the you can't cut through lots of layers with Nestabilities so I was almost done and then had to start from scratch in order to cut one layer at a time! Oh well, live and learn, right?
Recipe - Stamps: Proverbs 3:5 Plain Jane (Verve) Ink: Chocolate Chip Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, Melon Mambo, SU DSP, unknown DSP Accessories: Velvet flowers, buttons, twine, Nestabilities, pop-up glue dots
Here are a couple more views of the card:
And the inside:
I used my new Embossed Curve border punch (EK Success) for the inside sentiment layer but made a bit of a boo-boo with one of the scallops so I stuck on a couple of adhesive pearls to cover it up. :)
The rest of the Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:
Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection
Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection
...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 37 creation using Mr. Linky at Stacey's Stamping Stage.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have fun with these colors - I know I did! See you tomorrow!













11 comments:
What a fun card, Melissa! I'm sorry that you had to start the card all over, but it was well worth the effort - the result is fabulous!
Darling flowers with the twine around them and good on you for making a window card. It has been years since I've made one! Well done :D
Great card Melissa! Love the window to frame this sentiment - fab idea!
Very pretty card Melissa!!! This is a perfect take on the Sketch and the colors look wonderful too!!! Hugs ~S~
This is very pretty! I love the peek a boo window showing the Bible verse!! Wonderful job!
♥♥♥Lea
Very cool card...love that window on there!!
Don't you hate when it doesn't go according to plan!! Great come back, love the window and the inside is very cute! :)
Great idea, using the window. It gives it a great little element!
A darling card and your window is perfect! I love that scripture too! Thanks for playing with the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge this week!
super cute, Melissa!
Great job! And, I agree...pearls cover a multitude of sins. hee hee Thanks for playing at OCC Sketch!
Post a Comment