Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting Sketchy with My Favorite Things


Hello again and welcome back!  It's been awhile since I've had two posts in one day so if you are looking for my 4 Crafty Chicks post, please scroll down a bit but please feel free to check this one out on your way down!

I got home from work a little earlier than usual this morning so, after I did the dishes and loaded the dishwasher and put a load of laundry in (gotta get that work done first, right?), I sat down to make a card.  I've really been enjoying Arielle's Colour Q challenge and this week's combo is no exception...soft and feminine:


When I saw the colors I immediately thought of my Pure Innocence girls.  I don't use them as often as I should so I pulled one and got to work.  I popped over to the MFT Forum at Splitcoast to find this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch:


I found a fun tutorial on how to draw grass with your Copics here and thought I'd give it a try...it turned out not-so-bad, methinks.  :)  I sponged the sky with Soft Sky ink but you can't really see it in this picture.  I love the twine for a balloon string... I got it stay put using a toothpick to apply a few dabs of Crystal Effects under the twine - a trick I got from from Verve owner and  Diva Extraordinaire, Julee.  Thanks Julee!

Thanks for stopping by - have a great Thursday!

signature

Stamps: My Balloon (MFT)   
Ink: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Versafine Onyx Black   
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Kraft, Early Espresso, SU! DSP   
Accessories: Sewing machine, Crumb Cake seam binding, Copics, button, filigree brad, twine

8 comments:

Danni said...

This is so sweet and your grass came out fabulous!!

Jenny said...

I am sooooo loving this!!!! The big button as the balloon and the string-twine, Precious!!!! Great job:)

Sylvia said...

Your card is so cute, Melissa! I love your layout and the way you used the colors. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS, Melissa! Fabulous use of the PI set and I love the way you incorporated our colors at CQC, thanks for playing with us! :)

Renée said...

gorgeous Melissa! love the grass!! thanks for playing at ColourQ :)

Pam Speidel said...

This is one of the cutest cards EVER!! Your sweet little PI girl and her button balloon are precious...and the grass looks real! Love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Lord, Melissa! How CUTE is this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE the button balloon and that you hand-drew all of the grass! So sweet!

Linda Beeson said...

She is so sweet, I just love those little girls!