Thursday, March 24, 2011

When Was the Last Time YOU Used an Eyelet???


Hi everyone!  So?  When *was* the last time you used an eyelet or two?  I must admit that I have a rather extensive collection of eyelets that don't see the light of day very often.  I have a feeling that many of us are probably in this same boat so this week's challenge over at The 4 Crafty Chicks (brought to us by Lori) is to use eyelets somewhere on your project.  They can be big or little but they've gotta be eyelets.  :)

I found this lovely, serene, springy color combo over at the Just Us Girls challenge blog and, even though they aren't my *typical* colors, I went for it...that's why it's a *challenge* right?


I came across a new challenge blog the other day - Heart Song Inspirations - and it's a sketch challenge so I thought I'd give it a try and used their second sketch:


I promise that I really *did* uses eyelets...they are jumbo ones and I originally didn't plan on having the bows on my card but....ummmm...  Did you know that ribbon doesn't *really* like to be punched through with a Crop-o-dile?  So, my bows are an attempt to hide an "oops!"

Stamps: 1 Chronicles 16:3 Plain Jane (Verve)  Ink: Baja Breeze  Paper: Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, SU! DSP  Accessories: Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon, jumbo eyelets, Crop-o-Dile, Nesties, paper piercer, chipboard swirl, MS glitter, Crystal Effects

I hope you will play along with us at the 4CCC - dig out those eyelets and get creative with them!  Can't wait to see what you all do!  See you all later - enjoy the rest of your week!

signature

13 comments:

Kathryn B said...

Awe Melissa this such a soft beuatiful creation Love the bling,paper piercing and the ribbon is Fabulous! You're right we don't use our eyelets enough! I have quiet an extensive collection too! I love what you've been able to do with yours!

Great job with the JUGS color challenge. So glad you could play along!

ChelleStamps said...

Wow Melissa! This card is absolutely stunning!!
Thanks for playing along with the Heart Song Designs sketch challenge!

Lisa Kind said...

What a great card! Love how you used the layout and our JUGs colors! That chipboard piece and the bitton is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Leah said...

Your card is gorgeous! I adore that ribbon treatment you did, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Heart Song Inspirations:)

Davi said...

Beautiful card!! Such lovely combo of dps, embellies with the scripture. Thanks for playing along with out sketch her at Heart Song.

Andrea M said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is A-MAZING!!! WOW! Lovely DP and chipboard piece!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful, love your sentiment, thanks for playing at Heart Sond Designs this week.

Elise said...

THIS card positively radiates! THANKS sooooo much for sharing it with JUST US GIRLS! Yipeeee!

Lynne said...

Love the paper piercing. There are no oops...just opportunities to improvise!

Vanessa said...

Melissa!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :) I really love the gathered ribbon, and the colors you used are awesome! SO glad you played along with the sketch at Heart Song Designs!!! :)

Miss Molly said...

Oh my - this card is so pretty - the ribbon, the colors, EVEYRTHING scream beautiful! So glad you came and played with us at Sketches with Heart!

Molly - DT Member

Dana Gustafson said...

Super duper PRETTY! card! Your ruffled ribbon and oh my stars BLINGY swirl are delicious! Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Lauren said...

Beautiful! Love the scrunched up ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Sketches with Heart!

Lauren