Hi everyone! How are you doing this fine Thursday? I said it yesterday and I'm saying it again today... I'm TIRED of winter. This cold and snowy weather can go far, far away. *sigh* There is a light at the end of the tunnel, right?
This week over at the 4 Crafty Chicks, Leanne has given us the challenge of stitching on our cards...either faux or real - you decide. :) I kind of {heart} stitching...have you noticed?? *wink*
I found this absolutely LOVELY photo inspiration over at the Curtain Call Color Challenge - it almost makes me feel warmer...almost. :)
All I needed was a super-fantastic sketch to get started and found the "Round or Square" sketches over at Mojo Monday (more fabulousness from Mary Fish). I decided to go square:
There's another challenge over at the Verve Stamps Blog right now - the Verve Fan Blog Hop. The rules are pretty simple: "Just make a new card using at least one Verve stamp, post it online somewhere (blog or public online gallery)..." Well, here's the thing... I *did* use a Verve stamp but it's only the sentiment. Now, I'm the kind of gal who normally wouldn't enter this kind of challenge *just* using a sentiment but, gosh-darn-it, there are Verve prizes up for grabs!!! So, I am reluctantly entering because I am jonesing for some new Verve and would LOVE to win! HA!
Stamps: Upsy Daisy (SU!), Celebrating You (Verve) Ink: More Mustard, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler Paper: More Mustard, Kraft, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, SU! DSP Accessories: Sewing machine, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Lacey Circles & Circle Nesties, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, button, Scallop Edge border punch
I hope you will join us for our 4 Crafty Chicks stitching challenge - we love to visit and see what you create. Don't forget to stop in at the other Chicks' blogs to see what marvellousness they've created. :) Enjoy the rest of your day!!













32 comments:
OMGOSH girlie! This has such WOW factor to it! Love, love, love that color combo and sketch you used for your stitching creation - AWESOME!
Such a gorgeous card Melissa. Love everything about it. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)
Love how you used the sketch and Stacey's colors!!! Perfectly wonderful!!!
Another beauty melissa. I loved the stitching and the colors you used.
Another beauty melissa. I loved the stitching and the colors you used.
Love it, way to go on the challenge, you were the one I knew would top it off perfectly, thanks for showing us your amazing talent. Here's to two weeks with out those other peeps....shhhh, we will mess them up a bit. Thanks again for sharing...Awesome job!
What a beautiful card. Those colors are wonderful, rich colors. Nice layout.
Gorgeous card, love the colors!
Melissa, this is REALLY lovely - gorgeous colours!
Great combo challenge card. Love Upsy Daisy and you've used it wonderfully as well as the CC colours.
Melissa, I do love this SU set too- and with your color combo- beautiful.
Your card is so pretty! I love the combined colors. You did great with the sketch too!
so pretty! great job with the color combo :)
another beautiful card from you, Melissa.
love the colour combo. this card screams out natural!
beautiful use of the colors, so warm and inviting
This looks terrific! Love these colors together and that layout is definitely going in my go-to collection. I love all the little extra touches you added - the pretty pearls on the butterfly's body (such a pretty color too!), the stitching, the paper pierced circle around the lacey circle die and that little button is just charming.
These are great colors together! Love this card and Verve sentiments are the best!
Gorgeous card! Great choice of colors and sketch! I love seeing how other people use those. Your card really is beautiful.
Very nice--I like the layout, colors and the stitching.
Gorgeous card! Love what you have done with the sketch & colors - fantastic work :) TFS!
Such a lovely card! Great job with the sketch and love the fluttering butterfly!
Beautiful card! Love this layout!
Melissa, this is beautiful! Wonderful blend of the colors and you totally rocked the sketch! Thanks so much for playing in our Verve Fan Hop! Lovely card!
Sooo pretty! Just a wonderful take on the sketch :>)
What a sweet card! Love the colors.
WOW! Eye-catching colors and perfect layout! THINK SPRING! :)
wow, what a stunner! Fantastic colors and your stitching is gorgeous. Beautiful!
beautiful!
the stitching looks beautiful and the little butterfly just rounds the card out perfectly.
So lovely!!
WOW! That is just gorgeous. Love the colours, the stamping and the stitching.
So pretty! All those luscious red accents just make my heart go pitter patter.
Post a Comment