Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Afternoon With Viva la Verve and Colour Q


Happy Wednesday!!  Halfway through the week already?  I am going to whisper this very, VERY quietly just in cased Mother Nature is listening...*the sun is out and warming everything up!  woohoo!*  I know spring is coming and I just have to be patient but I don't wanna wait - I'm ready NOW!

I enjoyed another awesome workout at the gym this afternoon and when I got home I sat down to create.  When I saw this week's Colour Q, it just made me happy.  Happy, happy, happy.  The colors are happy, the photo inspiration is happy and it all made me smile.  Take a peek:



Those cookies are too cute to eat!  I haven't used this week's Viva la Verve sketch (courtesy of Charmaine) and I thought it would be perfect for these colors:
The big circle in the bottom corner totally made me think of the sun (yes, I know I've got a one-track mind!) and from there, the decision about which stamp to use was easy:

Stamps: Psalm 84:11 Plain Jane (Verve)  Ink: Versafine Onyx Black  Paper: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Whisper White, SU! DSP  Accessories: Nesties, adhesive pearls, paper piercer, stitched ribbon, crocheted flower, buttons, twine, clear embossing powder

I hope the weather is warm and spring-y wherever you are.  Make sure to stop back here tomorrow morning for a brand new 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge...it's *my* favorite kind of challenge this week.  See you then!

signature

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Melissa. Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Melissa, this is gorgeous! Love all the elements. Great use of the colors... Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ!

Ravengirl said...

This is lovely!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Melissa! Love the colors, the crocheted flower with button. .that embossing! :) And I love that you didn't color in "sun" on the sentiment! Thanks for playing with this week's sketch!

Lacie Root said...

I love this card great layering and texture. thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

A really pretty card! Nice work.

kasia c. said...

Oooooh! I love all of the texture on this card. Also loving how you matted everything in black. Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

Renée said...

love the texture and the crocheted flower :) great use of the Colour Q colours! thanks for playing :)

LeAnne said...

I am lovin' this card! Do you remember the name of the embossing folder, I think it is so sweet! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Unknown said...

Love your card, you used the colors so beautifully & I'm crazy about this stamp (so much, that, I own it too!) :)

Marianne C said...

I really like how the black contrast makes the design "pop". Very strikingly pretty.