Happy Wednesday everyone!
I have been so busy the last few days I haven't had time to sit and create - thankfully I was able to do just that this morning when I went to visit my friend Leanne. Leanne *normally* lives about 3 hours away from us but she is at Lori's being "mom and dad" while Lori and her DH are enjoying some much-needed vacation time. I went to the gym first thing this morning and then popped over for a visit.
We browsed the blogs to see what trouble we could get ourselves into and I introduced her to Arielle's Colour Q Challenge. Arielle ALWAYS comes up with some amazing colour combos and this week was no exception:
I LOVE this purse! I wish I had the big medallion stamp because I could *so* see a fabulous card coming outta that. LOL Leanne and I hopped over to Splitcoast and found this week's Sketch Challenge and a fabulous tutorial about how to make an Easel Card and decided to combine all three ideas into one card.
She did hers and I did mine - I don't have any pics of Leanne's card...sorry. It is awesome, though, just FYI! I L-O-V-E how this card turned out and am going to do MANY more of these easel cards - so easy and beautiful! We had so much fun raiding Lori's craft room - she's got so much more *stuff* than either one of us! LOL
Recipe - Stamps: Trendy Trees (SU!) Ink: Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie Paper: Barely Banana, Going Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Sweet Pea DP Accessories: Nestabilities (Ovals and Scalloped Ovals), paper piercer, Scallop Trim border punch, Swiss Dots EF, Herringbone EF, Grey Taffeta ribbon, button, silver cord, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, brads, Birds and Blooms Sizzlit, Sweetest Stem Embosslit
I think I may try the Color Dare tonight but I'm not sure...the colors are not "speaking" to me. But, what do I know? Remember last week's catastrophe with this card? Well, apparently *someone* over at the Color Dare liked it enough to pick it as one of the Top Three - I'm wondering if she needs glasses or something??? *giggle* Thanks again, ladies - that's two weeks in a row, do you think I can make it three? Maybe I can grab that elusive "Top Spot"...
'Til later... Thanks for stopping in!













6 comments:
Hey girlie, it was fun today, I enjoyed making this card. I will for sure be making more easel cards...yours is so cute...what can we come up with next time...see what Lori is missing on her vacation...hehehe!!
Great card - if you are interested in more colour challenges, please check out our new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com
To a fellow "Melissa H" (lol).. gorgeous card! I love everything about it. Great job on the color challenge!
Love your card Melissa. Great job on the color challenge. I generally use very basic card but I do like that easel fold. TFS.
very cute!
Aweomse card!!! Love those colors - lol! You're inspiring me to try one of those easel cards... thanks so much for playing along at the colourQ!
Post a Comment