OK - get your mind out of the gutter! :) Of course I was referring to the Just Us Girls Challenge team...what did you think I was talking about? This isn't *that* kind of blog... ;) This week they gave us an amazing sketch to get the mojo flowing:
For some additional inspiration, I clicked over to Splitcoast Stampers for the Saturday Inspiration Challenge. This week's inspiration comes to us from Design Spirit Studio which "features the lovely creations of Spirit Lala, an artist in McDonough, Georgia. She creates whimsical clocks and fabulous jewelry from recycled windshield glass." I was immediately drawn to this clock:

Isn't it BEYOOTIFUL?? The colors are soooo fabulous and the shiny, silver ringer-thingies on the top just make me smile. I took inspiration from the colors, the bird, the flowers and the vines to create this:
Recipe - Stamps: Black Tie Birdies (Verve), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!) Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Cameo Coral, Real Red Ink: Bermuda Bay, Versafine Onyx Black Accessories: Corner rounder punch, spiral punch, paper piercer, Copics, red gingham ribbon, button, silver cord, Hodgepodge Hardware, oval punch, clear embossing powder, vine embossing folder, adhesive pearls
What do you think? I kinda *like* these colors together. My picture makes the Bermuda Bay look more turquoise-y or teal-y but if you put the papers together yourself you'll see how nicely they work with a couple of neutrals thrown in. I paper pieced the balloons and used my Copics to color the birdie. I was going to make this a Valentine's card but my sentiment was too big to fit in my HPH and I *HAD* to use the Styled Silver to echo the bright & shiny alarm bell thingy... great use of the English language, eh?
Thanks for stopping by - I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Later!












12 comments:
Beautiful card and LMBO at your title! Great take on the challenges! Thanks for playing with us at JUGs! Happy New Year!
Gabby~January Guest Designer
Awesome card! Great job with the IC and sketch. I love the spiral punch border and the wide ribbon and big button accent.
Those colors are so nice together! Awesome card!
Oh wow - this is just gorgeous - such fun color combo - a great inspiration piece - love your title LOL LOL. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls as we kick off a whole new year. Hope to see you again next week.
What a fun card & your opening line! :) You really worked the sketch & inspiration challenges! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls sketch challenge - Hope to see you next Saturday for a fun technique challenge!
OMWord! This is so darn cute! And I love the notebook punched edge. I HAD to buy that punch and never used it! FAB card!
Well, I just laughed out loud when I saw the title of your post! I see you are having as much fun with it as we are! LOL!!!
Melissa, your card is fabulous! LOVE the colors you chose from the inspiration piece. Isn't that a great challenge? I love those challenges, but don't get a chance to play that often! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge and for making my sketch look so fab! ;-)
Oooh! THat's lovely! I love how you translated our sketch and the inspiration clock into your CUTE card! Great use of the spiral punch too. THanks for playing with the JUGs this week! ;)
WOW! Fabulous job on both challenges! LOVE the colors and you totally rocked the sketch! Thanks for playing along!
Awesome job with the JUGS sketch! Your card is super cute and I love the color combo that you pulled from that inspiring clock! Congrats on Chic of the Week!
GORGEOUS Card you've made!!! Congrats on being Chic of the Week! I can see why Lisa chose your card! :) Hee hee - the title made me giggle too - lol.
Congrats on being chosen Chic of the Week at JUGs :) Awesome card!
Post a Comment