Friday, January 15, 2010

Taylor's Sketch and a Verve Contest Rolled Into One... and Another Easel Card



I've been busy again.  :)

The kids are home today 'cause it's a PD Day so we are trying to get everyone organized for our trip - only 5 more sleeps!  ACK!  I needed a bit of a break from all that "hard work" so I sat down at my computer and started blog hopping.  I found Taylor's weekly Sketch Challenge - another awesome layout:



I went looking for a Color Challenge and discovered that the gals over at Verve are celebrating their new releases (tonight!!!) with 5 different challenges, one of which is a color challenge:



You all know how much I LOVE those easel cards so I made another one.  This time, instead of making it 4-1/4" square I made it the regular 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 size.  Yummy!  I also got some new goodies from Stampin' Up yesterday and a girl's GOTTA use the new stuff, right?

Here's the card front closed up:




And opened up:



And a close-up of the result of my new favorite punch - The XL Two-Step Bird in SU!s new Occasions Mini Catalog:

 

Isn't it cute?  I had fun - I also LOVE the new "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit from SU!  SO MUCH FUN!

I'm not going to post the recipe today - too much other stuff to do.   If you have a question, please leave a comment and I will get answer it as soon as I can.  Thanks for stopping in!  Later!

5 comments:

Eve said...

love the birdie and how u combined the colours.

stampingwithlulu said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card. I love the striking color combo. I have been itching to make an easel card. Hope to get to it this weekend. TFS!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love the embossed bird, and the colors are neat! Great job with the sketch!

♥Lea

Aussieleigh said...

Beautiful card.....love the whole easel way of opening up and gorgeous colours!

Shirlann said...

Lots of detail...great card!