Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stacey's Curtain Call - Act 34


Welcome back for another super fabulous color combination from Stacey - I don't know how she does it week after week...  :)  I happen to {heart} these colors:


This was another one I worked on while I was in Jasper a couple of weeks ago.  I wasn't sure what direction to go with these colors so I held up all the pieces of cardstock for my PIC, Lori, to see (without telling her what it was for, of course...) and asked her what the colors "said" to her.  She immediately said, "Sympathy," so that's exactly what I did:

Recipe - Stamps: Forever in Our Hearts (Verve)  Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Dusty Durango, Razzleberry DP  Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand  Accessories: Paper piercer, Basic Grey satin ribbon, Square Lattice embossing folder

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs
Andrea Roose at Andrea's Scrap- und Stampel Blog
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Lea Lawson at Lea's Cupcakes & Sunshine
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden
Sue Kohler at My Inner Reflection and 




our fabulous Guest Designer for June...Christina Maclaren at Seaglass & Sentiments

 ...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 33 creation using Mr. Linky at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Enjoy your Sunday - I will see you again tomorrow!

10 comments:

Amy White said...

Beautiful card Melissa - I love that fern from Verve stamped in Sahara Sand - perfect! The touch of embossing in the background really adds extra style and the ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Jaw-dropping card!!! Perfect stamping, textures, and paper-piercing!

Julie said...

Gorgeous! Love everything about this! The embossing is splendid, and that bow is just perfect!!!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this, Melissa! Great layout and the textures and colours work fabulously together!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the stamped block, and the embossing adds so much wonderful texture! Great job with the colors!

♥♥♥Lea

Christina said...

This is stunning, Melissa! I love the way the dp and embossed Sahara Sand complement each other, and the piercing you did is a perfect touch!

Stacey Schafer said...

SO Gorgeous, Mel! Love this elegant card:)

Shelley said...

Wow, Melissa! Such a beautiful card! I'm speechless...that image is so elegant. Paired with the DSP and the embossing. It's really lovely!

Leanne said...

Wow what a nice card...very elegant...TFS!!

Cynthia said...

soooo beautiful, nice use of the colors!