Thursday, September 30, 2010

Flowers Are The Music of Life...


Hi again!  Three posts in one day?  I haven't had time to do that in a long time.  Hopefully I will have more time to do that now that I am only working mornings... woohoo!

So, when I got home today I perused the blogs and came across this very, shall we say, *interesting*, color combination from the Play Date Cafe.  When I first saw the picture I thought, "EWWWWWW!"  But, what is a challenge if it's not a *challenge*?


I had to think long and hard about how I was going to incorporate all of the colors in one card and then I remembered Melissa Craig's Tuesday Morning Sketch and knew it would work:


Recipe: Stamp: Floral Symphony (Verve)  Ink: Cajun Craze  Paper: Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo  Accessories: paper piercer, adhesive pearls, sponge dauber, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Nested Flower & Circles Nesties, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Floral Symphony EF, sewing machine

Okie dokie - that's it for me today.  It's almost suppertime and the eldest should be calling soon to be picked up from his volleyball game.  Enjoy your evening - see you again soon!

13 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

so glad you gave this week's challenge a go! You did a marvelous job with the combination and we appreciate you 'taking the challenge'. I personally LOVE the photo and I agree the combo is one to get your creative juices flowing.

Melissa Craig said...

All is can is WOW, Melissa! You did a beautiful job with the sketch and that crazy color combo. Like you, reading the color list, I would've said "eeeeuuuuwwww" - but it's beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Faye said...

Melissa, this is gorgeous. I can see that I chose the wrong color to emphasize. Your hot pink focus makes all the difference in the world in this highly unusual combination of colors.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, love the big blossom and your ribbon! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh this is gorgeous, and the colors really do work well with each other. Your card is a beautiful take on our sketch this week, thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

STUNNING...love the ribbon work and the embossed background...
See you next week at PDDC ...its gets rather additive trying to get the colours to work together....

Ruby said...

Lovely card! I really like the way you've done the flower with the paper piercing and the ribbon looks fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Maria said...

Such a beautiful card! The embossing is fabulous! Love the center with sentiment with pearl gems along the sides...love it all!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderful dimension and super use of the colors this week! I love that sentiment and it goes perfectly in that fab flower! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great to have you playing along in the cafe :) Love your combination of the ruffled ribbon and the giant flower - great card design :)

Zue said...

Great job, I especially love the way you have attached the ribbon.
Have a lovely day!
Sue xx

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love your card! The big bold flower is awesome and those little pearls look like candy! This was an interesting color challenge...I had a little "ewww" moment when I first saw it, too. Haha! I am really enjoying all of the fun creations you have shared on your blog. :) Have a great day!

Suzanne C said...

Great use of the colors and the sketch to create a beautiful card! Love the ruffle ribbon and the great flower. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.