Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Color Dare #76 and a Sweet Sunday Sketch


Welcome, welcome, welcome!  I'm so thrilled to be a part of Riley's new design team over at the Color Dare and this week she's given us a combination that {I} found a bit challenging:

Old Olive
Elegant Eggplant
Rose Red
Not Quite Navy

I love all of these colors but with most of them being rather, shall we say, dark, I found it difficult to come up with a card that convinced me that it was {the one}.  I finally decided that the one I created with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch would be it (but I'm still not totally pleased...)


Recipe - Stamps: Vintage Labels (SU!)  Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, SU! DSP, Old Olive  Ink: Not Quite Navy  Accessories: Elegant Lines embossing folder, Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon, square punch, small oval punch, crocheted flower, buttons, hemp twine, felt leaves, adhesive pearls, scallop edge border punch

Please take a minute to stop in and see what the rest of the Color Dare design team came up with - their links are to the left in my sidebar.  I can`t wait to see what you create using this interesting color combination! 

5 comments:

bonbon said...

This is a great card,very well done.very pretty.

Glenda J said...

Wow - so pretty! Love that ribbon!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Melissa! Love the crocheted flower and that lush ribbon.

jjcreations said...

Love all the layers on this card...

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful card, Melissa! So many lovely details. That ribbon is fabulous!