Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Inspiration Challenge at the 4 Crafty Chicks


Welcome back, everyone!  I have an inspiration challenge for you this week at the 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge.  Take a peek at this fabulous photo from Better Homes and Gardens:

Now, you can use whatever you want from the picture as your inspiration...it could be the colors, the shapes, the theme, the textures ...whatever!  Pretty much anything goes (within reason, of course!  LOL)

When I first saw this picture, I was immediately struck by the light fixture and the hanging "mobile"  and the very modern feel of this dining area.  Of course, as my card evolved, it ended up being NOTHING like I envisioned it would!  LOL  I thought the colors reminded me of So Saffron (for the rectangle on the wall), Pumpkin Pie (for the place mats on the table) and then Kraft and Espresso (for the wood).  The table looks like it could be set for a celebration of some kind so I went with a birthday card.  I found one of my Pure Innocence girlies and discovered that Taylor's Sketch would be perfect for it:

 


Recipe - Stamps: Birthday Princess (MFT)  Ink: So Saffron, Early Espresso  Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Kraft, SU! DSP  Accessories: Adhesive pearls, Scallop Edge border punch, Kassie's Brocade embossing folder, paper piercer, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, staples, Nesties, Copics

Over at Crazy 4 Challenges, it is Silke's birthday this month so she's asking us to make a birthday card - how perfect!  :)

So let's see what you can create using this picture for inspiration - I know we will ALL take different things from it and that's the beauty of an inspiration challenge...  :)  Make sure you go back to the 4 Crafty Chicks blog when you are done to link us up so we can come and see how clever you are.  Have fun!

2 comments:

Tamie said...

Great Challenge Melissa and a cute card! Love the textures on it. I thought about putting Kraft on my card but just couldn't quite get it to work. WTG chickie!

Leanne said...

WTG with this challenge, nicely done. I love that little girl, she is so darn cute, nice embossing too! I love it!