Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Color Dare Perfect For Christmas...


SO...have you started making your Christmas cards yet?  If you haven't, then this week's Color Dare combination is a PERFECT jumping-off point for you to get started - no excuses!  :)  Riley has given us Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla to work with - don't you love them?  When I created my card, I had just gotten home from a weekend away visiting my parents and was NOT interested in trying to use my brain to "go against the grain", so a Christmas card it was.  :)  I wanted to use a new Flourishes stamps set so I tried to find a sketch that would help me along and Kazan's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch was perfect:



Recipe - Stamps: Sleigh Ride (Flourishes), Ornamental Christmas (Verve)  Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz  Ink: Early Espresso  Accessories: Modern Label punch, brads, paper piercer, Parisian border punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Nesties, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Pear Pizzazz twill ribbon, jumbo eyelet, sponge dauber

Thanks for taking the time to stop in today - I hope you will join us over at the Color Dare.  If you need more inspiration, please visit the rest of the design team members' blogs - their links are to the left.  Enjoy the rest of the week!!

6 comments:

Elisa K said...

Love that dear stamp... Lovely card. Thanks for sharing.

Marisa said...

Love that reindeer image and how you used the jumbo brad and ran the ribbon through it. Great use of this week's colours :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the eyelet/ribbon and the punched edge is fabulous.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, love the embossed background and the deer stamp!

Jo said...

Beautiful, wonderful style

Unknown said...

so gorgeous! Love the ribbon :)
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan