Friday, October 15, 2010
Friday Fun - Take Two!
I'm ba-ack. :) I got my Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns done but the Caramel Apple Muffins are going to have to wait. {Someone} got distracted by a color challenge. I'm sure that doesn't happen to anyone else, right?
You want to see what prevented me from baking cupcakes? Well, here's the Play Date Cafe's color challenge for this week ... aren't the colors fabulously calm and soothing?
You all know that I can't let an awesome color combo be without an equally awesome sketch so off to clean&simple stamping I went to find this beauty:
I decided to use Crumb Cake/Kraft, Baja Breeze and Sage Shadow for my colors and stuck with the leaf/nature theme to create this bit of loveliness:
Stamp: Lemons, Life and Love (Flourishes) Paper: Woodland Walk DSP, Baja Breeze, Sage Shadow, Kraft, Very Vanilla Ink: Crumb Cake Accessories: Paper piercer, corner rounder, Leafy Branch embossing folder, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Daisies Die (Sizzix), button, hemp twine
Okie dokie - that's going to be it for today. DH is bringing home "How to Train Your Dragon" so we'll be popping some popcorn and hunkering down in front of the TV tonight. Enjoy your Friday night - see you back here on Monday for a new Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













15 comments:
BEAUTIFUL card. I love your take on the CAS sketch, and the colours too. Just lovely.
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking dot com
.... saying hello from Canmore Alberta. ;-)
Lovely, love that embossed background!
This is just fabulous. I love the calmness of your lovely card!
Chrissie
I really like your choice of embossing on the upper panel. It goes so well with your patterned paper. The overall nature theme is lovely.
So,so pretty. I was just looking at that embossing folder and thinking I needed to incorporate it in one of my cards.
Nicely done, I like that embossing and the DP, the colors aren't something you use much, and I think you rockeddddd it...wtg!
It made me smile that although you didn't get those gorgeous sounding cakes baked yet, one of your colours had 'cake' in the name ;) Love this card; I especially like how you've incorporated the branch embossing folder, it looks fab! Great flowers and card design too. Thanks for playing along in the play date cafe instead of baking :)
What a pretty card! I love everything about it, the flower, that fab button, the embossing etc! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with the fun this week at the Play Date Cafe!
Lovely card, wonderful mixture of embossing folders. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.
Gorgeous card! Love the background paper. Beautiful design. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.
Gorgeous card !!! Love your embossed background !
Fabulous card....all the elements are wonderful.
Wonderfully elegant! Love that super flower and beautiful sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
OH! I love that flower--so pretty with the three colors! I also love that DP in the background--mmmm! Beautifully put together!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!
Such a stunning card! I love your style!
:-)
Post a Comment