Here we are again... :) I had so much fun making this little project ~ no card from me this time. *gasp* I was inspired to step out of my box thanks to this week's Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge: "The challenge is to create your favorite way to package a gift. With the holidays ahead we'd like to see your ideas for putting together the perfect gift."
Well, I have to admit, I don't really *have* a favorite way to package a gift... usually a gift bag and some tissue paper and I call it done. (I'm normally a "last minute" kind of gal...) But I have made these Acetate Boxes before and loved how they turned out. I have had these test tubes sitting in my cupboard FOREVER and haven't really known what to do with them but was inspired by Taylor's 12 Days of a Handcrafted Christmas to pull them out and *do* something...
Earlier today I used Arielle's Breast Cancer-inspired Colour Q combination - so now it's time to use the Halloween'ish combination:
I dug out my test tubes and measured them to figure out how big I needed to make the box. I was originally going to make a 2" x 2" box but thought that you see them better if I made a 4-1/4" x 1" box instead. Once I got the bottom part done and the acetate was in place, I decided not to do the box top but instead do a folded topper. Sorry for the crappy pictures...it is very difficult to get a good picture with shiny acetate and plastic test tubes...
Recipe - Stamps: CC Designs Baby Trick or Treat Pumpkin Stamp, Tiny Tags Ink: Poppy Parade Paper: River Rock, Very Vanilla, Basic Black Accessories: Martha Stewart border punch, Poppy Parade Poly Twill ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Test tubes (Martha Stewart), twine, Copics, bat brads, jelly beans
Pretty cute, eh? I love how it turned out - in person it looks so much better than in these pictures...
OK, time for bed. Tomorrow will be a busy day - to the gym in the AM for my daily dose of torture then off to the city for some groceries and other stuff. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to craft. See you later!













11 comments:
Great job on both of the ColorQ color combos. Good luck on winning :)
I LOVE your project, SO adorable and what cute little tubes. Thanks so much for playing with us at HSS and thanks for sharing your creativity with us all!
Melissa your project is yummy and what a cute image adore it.
Hugs Shirley x x
This is gorgeous Melissa & a great gift idea :)
Congrats on being chosen for the Sentimental Sundays DT & I'm looking forward to working with you.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx
Great Projects Melissa!
Congrats on the Sentimental Sundays DT & I'm looking forward to working with you chick!
hugz
Sal xx
This is the sweetest pumpkin ever! Veyr lovely project ;) Welcome to the Sentimental Team, I am really looking forward to working with you! ;) xx
Ooh what a fun package! I would love to get something like that! Yummy! Looking foward to working with you on the Sentimental Team!
Melissa, This is the cutest! I have not seen any of the test tubes anywhere is the blog world. The topper you stamped and color makes this a perfect way to have used the combo colors. Thanks for playing the colourQ Challenge with this second entry!
Love this project. Too cute. Congrats on Sentimental Sundays DT, looking forward to working with you.
Love how you colored the image. Anyone would love to receive this Halloween treat. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
Hi Melissa,
Congratulations!
You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.
Please email me so I can email you the html code for the badge.
Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!
Come play again!
Post a Comment