Thursday, December 30, 2010

Crazy Egg Challenge at the 4 Crafty Chicks!


Welcome, everyone!  We've got a Crazy Egg Challenge for you this week at the 4 Crafty Chicks since it is the fifth Thursday of the month and our very own Lori is offering up a prize package for this week's winner - how fun!  So, this week's challenge is a theme: "A New Year" ...whatever this means to you.

I didn't have much time to put this card together so I had to have something that was quick and simple.  Arielle's colourQ this week was perfectly elegant for a New Year's card:


I popped over to Mojo Monday and discovered that it was "Round or Square?" week:

A few layers later and voila!


Stamps: Along the Same Lines, Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)  Paper: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Old Olive, Basic Grey, Basic Black  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black  Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Seeing Spots embossing folder, Very Vanilla satin ribbon, oval punches, scalloped oval punch, circle punch, twine

Thanks for stopping by today - I know that many of you are busy spending time with family this week but if you have a few minutes to play along with us, we'd love to have you and make sure to check out the 4 Crafty Chicks blog to see the fantastic prize package up for grabs!  Enjoy your day!
signature

8 comments:

Tamie said...

Super great card! You rocked all of the challenges Melissa. I really like the embossed squares! Thanks for joining us on our adventure it is always fun. have a wonderful new years.

Julie said...

This is so pretty! Great layers, colors and textures! The fact that it was quick to make is even better!

Leanne said...

Nice Card! Cheers! Have a great New Years Day and happy craftn' together...cheers!

Sylvia said...

Nicely designed card. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week. Happy New Year!

Christina said...

What a great take on both challenges! I love the simplicity of the stamped image and the design. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ!

LeAnne said...

Sweet & simple---just perfection!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

love it!!

Leanne said...

Congrats on the Win...One of the Queen Coutiers! Another amazing win!!