I know I said I was going to spend Saturday crafting and shopping but we ended up doing more shopping than I'd anticipated, thus, no time (or energy) left for crafting. Sunday and Monday were spent trying to fend off the dreaded sickies that seem to be lurking around here. I am feeling a bit better today, still tired but at least I was able to get a card done.
The Splitcoast Color Challenge for this week was to use Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink and Kiwi Kiss. I clicked over to Taylored Expressions for her weekly Cupcake Challenge layout. I missed the challenge deadline but the layout was VERY helpful for me!
I only used ONE piece of DP . . . I'm in shock! LOL I used my fancy new Martha Stewart border punch on that Kiwi Kiss piece - it embosses AND cuts. LOVE IT! I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory; I used Upsy Daisy for the main image, Baroque Motifs for the background along the bottom and the sentiment is from Seeing Spots (retired). I used my blender pen to pick up color from my ink pad to color the Upsy Daisy image and then huffed on it and stamped. I used some silver brads and a Bling brad in the middle of the sentiment. The top corner was missing something so I dug out my photo corner punch and layered them up there.
I think it turned out OK - what do you think?











1 comment:
Beautiful! Great job combining challenges...and your new border punch is just marvelous! Had my first day on the job today...and hear I thought I knew it all LOL!
Post a Comment