I finished my Cupcake Challenge and still felt like I needed to do 'something.' So, off to Splitcoast I went to see what was going on over there. I came across another challenge thread - Verve Stamps is hosting a challenge to lead up to their big release party on Sunday. They are releasing six new sets and three plain jane stamps and I can't wait! I haven't purchased any of their stamps but I might just go ahead and do it soon :).
Their challenge is actually 5 different sketch challenges and if you complete all five, you are entered into a draw to win ALL of the new releases!!! WOOHOOO! AND I DID IT!!!! I totally neglected my family this afternoon but I finished all five cards!
Without further ado. . . Here's Sketch #1:

And my interpretation:
I used my Snow Swirled snowflake and tried the embossing resist technique - it worked perfectly. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory.
Sketch #2:

And my FAVORITE:
I did the embossing resist with this one too, but it doesn't show up very well in this picture. :o(
Sketch #3:

Here's my #3:
Sketch #4:

Mine:
I couldn't find a .jpg for Sketch #5 but here's my card:
I had so much fun! When I started, I knew I'd never get them all done if I kept choosing different paper and colors. So, I opened my new package of Ski Slope DP and went to work. I used Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red and Baja Breeze paper and ink, various ribbon, brads etc. If you want specifics on the cards, let me know and I'll post them.
Thanks for clicking over - enjoy the weekend!











1 comment:
WOW -- GREAT job on the 5 Sketches -- love the colors you picked out! :)
Post a Comment