Happy Friday! I'm not sure what we have planned for the weekend but I'm pretty sure it will involve a trip to Costco - Mother Hubbard's cupboards are pretty bare. And who can go without chocolate for longer than a couple days?
Another great sketch from Taylor this week resulted in this duo:
I'm still not feeling great, the sore throat comes and goes, so I wanted to stick with more subdued tones for this card. I pulled out some scraps from a few weeks ago when I did a mini pizza box and cards and got to work. The DP is from the Manchester package and the CS is Baja Breeze, Kraft and Very Vanilla. I started by stamping the snowflakes from the Snow Swirled set with VersaMark on VV and then clear embossing on top. Then I sponged BB over the surface and the VV CS showed through where I had embossed. I used the same technique for the scalloped sentiment (So Many Scallops). I got to use my Nesties for the very first time when I cut the Kraft scallop circle for behind the sentiment!! I'm not sure where I got the sheer, silver-edged ribbon from but I love the sparkle it brings to the card. (I think it was Michael's after Christmas last year...) The silver brads and the silver snowflake brad seem to tie it all together.Last weekend at our monthly club get-together, we did stamping on candles. Now, I'd done this technique before but had forgotten how incredibly quick and EASY it is to create a last-minute gift. I had bought a bunch of candles at Ikea a LONG time ago and had put them away with all of my other "alterable" items and forgotten about them. I pulled them out of the cupboard and decided to USE them to make some gifts to have "just in case." Again, I used the Snow Swirled set for the tree and the snowflakes. I stamped the images with BB and Close to Cocoa on white tissue paper and then cut them out as close to the image as I could. I carefully placed the images on the candle a couple at a time and wrapped wax paper over/around the candle. Then I used my heat tool to heat the area to cause the tissue paper image to "sink" into the candle. Voila! Done. I wrapped some BB ribbon around the bottom and secured it with brads.
There - that's it for me today. I think I've just decided to get the kids ready to go to town to meet DH for supper and we can hit Costo afterwards. A quick stop at Scrapbooker's might be in order too. Thanks for clicking over - have a great weekend!











3 comments:
So pretty, Melissa! I love the soft colors! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!
Wow, Melissa this card is sooo elegant and the candle is very nice! Way to go girlie....I need to get the rest of my candles out too and do some more..might copy your idea...hee hee....
Very nice, I like the stamp choice and the colors, and really nice....Cool, can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!! Cheers!!
Post a Comment