Monday, May 24, 2010

Polka Dot Party at The Shabby Tea Room



Polka dots?  I LOVE polka dots!  Who doesn't love a good polka dot print?  And you all know how much I love my Swiss Dots...  This week's inspiration picture over at The Shabby Tea Room comes to us from Debbie:

Don't you just love all those polkie-dots?  And that ribbon?  Yummy!   I wanted to use pink and white but knew I'd have to throw one more color in there ~ two colors is NOT enough!  So, out came my new favorite neutral, Basic Grey, and with the sketch from Stampin' Royalty to guide me...


... I did this:


Recipe - Stamps: Psalm 121:1-2 (Verve)  Paper: Whisper White, Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink, SU! DP  Ink: Basic Grey  Accessories: Spots & Dots embossing folder, paper piercer, adhesive pearls, Marvy corner punch, felt leaves, crocheted flower, button, hemp twine

You all know how hard it is for me to do CAS and I think this card comes as close to CAS as I can get.  I've tried "cleaner" and "simpler" but can't get the hang of it... I just love my layers and embellies! 

If you have some time, make sure to stop and see what the rest of the Special Friend Blend Design team have come up with:


 Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
 Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations 

 Thanks for stopping by - see you later! 

8 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Super sweet card, Melissa. Love the addition of the gray to your color scheme and the embossing and paper piercing adds so much to your design. wonderful verse, too.

Nicole said...

Such a pretty card! Love all of those polka dots, the layout, and that verse - just perfect! :)

Jill Hilliard said...

Nice work!

Debbie said...

Scrumptious ... simply lovely! I {heart} all the pink and white :)

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

This card is sooooo beautiful... almost serene to look at! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Shanda Stirk said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors and Bible verse you used. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Wow!! Gorgeous card! I love the colours you used. Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin’ Royalty. :-)

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - how beautiful and delicate. Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty