Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Good To Be Back!


Wow...what a busy two weeks.  We had an absolutely fantastic family vacation - we really enjoyed ourselves but were very glad to come home.  The weather, for the most part, was great - well, for us Canadians anyway!  We spent one day at Typhoon Lagoon and while it certainly wasn't *cold*, it wasn't really hot either.  The park was VERY quiet that day and we sure got crazy looks from people the next day when we told them we had spent the previous day at the water park. ;)  I didn't take very many pictures but I will try to post a few later.

I knew Julee would have a great sketch for me this morning so after I got home from the gym, I popped over to check Mojo Monday:


I checked out Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge and discovered this amazing combo:

 

As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I *had* to use my new Verves which were waiting for me when I arrived home - Thanks Julee!!  The Pink Elephant's challenge this week is to create a "Mushy Gushy Valentine" so that made it an EASY PEASY decision about which stamps to ink up - Love Monkey.  He is too cute and not scary like the sock monkey ... he creeps me out! 

I had a bit of trouble figuring out how I was going to get that big arc at the bottom and I'm still not sure I like what I did and how it turned out but, nonetheless, here's what I came up with:


Recipe: Stamps - Love Monkey (Verve)  Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red  Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Kraft, SU! DP  Accessories: Nestabilities (Circles, Labels One), Corner Rounder, paper piercer, taffeta ribbon, button, twine, sponge dauber

Thanks for stopping by ~ I have to run and get started on my oldest's birthday supper.  He turned 14 (how'd THAT happen? ACK!) last week while we were away so today's the special day. 

I am so glad to be back - see you again soon!

11 comments:

Joan Robertson said...

Your card is adorable. I love the color combination. I bookmarked your site to check out all of the challenge links. That looks like a week-full of fun!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is just as cute as can be!

Annette Green said...

Melissa, I love your take on the card sketch. Nicely done,... and I am a big fan of monkeys!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Lori Turner said...

Hey girlie...that is one cute monkey! :) FAB card!

Leanne said...

Very cool, nice color challenge...

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

What a gorgeous card--love that monkey! Please check out my blog candy and color combo at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Great card--love the sentiment!!

Jenn K said...

LOVE everything about this!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

Krista said...

Love this card !!

Annie said...

Fantastic work. Thank you so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Hope you'll have chance to join our new challenge that starts tomorrow.
Ann xxx