Friday, February 26, 2010

You're An Angel...


Happy Friday everyone!

First of all, I want to thank the crew over at The Play Date Cafe for choosing MY card as their "Cup of the Week" for last week's challenge!!  I am super-excited and feel honored to be recognized for my card.  It gives me warm fuzzies knowing that my fellow crafters appreciate my work - although I'd keep doing it even if they didn't!  LOL

I've been awfully busy the last couple of days and haven't had any time to sit and create until after lunch today.  I've had the cardstock sitting on my counter since Wednesday night...calling to me..." I was over at Lori's yesterday and then Sam had a Reach tournament in town afterschool so I was the lucky parent who got to go and watch him and his team win all five of their games - YAY them!  I spent this morning at my new, part-time job down at our little country store so when I got home at one, I *had* to take some "me" time. 

I used Delightful Sketches and Challenges sketch and Picture Perfect Creations' color challenge:

 

  

I really like this color combo and wanted to use one of my Stamping Bella stamps that hadn't seen ink for awhile.  I  found Peony Bittybloom and knew she'd be perfect.  


Recipe - Stamps: Peony Bittybloom (Stamping Bella), Celebrating You (Verve)  Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Soft Suede, Copics  Paper: DP paper pad, Kraft, Bashful Blue, Soft Suede, Old Olive  Accessories: Nestabilities. paper piercer, paper flowers, rhinestone brad, adhesive pearls, oval and circle punches, Old Olive twill ribbon, Swiss Dots EF

Well, that's likely going to be it for me tonight.  I *may* have some time when I get home from the gym but that's only if I don't need toothpicks to keep my eyes open!  Maybe I can get the card done before I go the gym and then I only have to post it... we'll see. 

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your Friday!

15 comments:

dstandard said...

What a fabulous image and card!

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch and the colours :D Darling card.

Julie said...

A gorgeous card, lovely image. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.
Julie x

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card! I love that bittybloom! :) WTG xoxox

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

I love it, great card and color combo.:)) Thanks for playing with DS.

Rosalien

Katie said...

Great card and a super sweet image!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.

Anne said...

Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches and Challenges with such a beautiful card
Anne x

Rachel said...

soooo adorable! thanks for joining us at Delightful sketches!
hugs,
Rachel

Lisa said...

wonderful job, thanks so much for joining us at DS

Lisa Foster said...

OH How absolutely ADORABLE! Pefect job on the sketch! I ♥ it!!
Hugs,
Lisa

csroyal said...

Love it! Terrific card! Good to see you at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for particpating in our PPC-CC #2! Hope to see you back there soon! :)

Please my PPC-CC Design Team Call!! www.ppc-challengs.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Wendy Hall said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges

Nicole said...

WOWIE, this is wonderful! I love your take on the sketch! great color combo and superb balance!
Glad you joined us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!

bonbon said...

This is a really cool card. Lv it.