Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Quickest Card I've Ever Done!


And I'm not even kidding ~ once I decided on a stamp set, I put this together in probably less than 20 minutes!

I started with the Just Us Girls Challenge - this week it was a color challenge (which just happen to be my favorite kind of challenge!)  I totally {heart} this combo:

 

Isn't it beautiful?  I decided to use some of the Purely Pomegranate I have been hoarding (much like my Riding Hood Red), Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Cameo Coral.  Then I zipped over to Jen's Sketch For You to Try and found this:


I went to my stamp cupboard, found the Flower Lines stamp set, decided to make a 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 card and got to work.  I stamped the image with PP, used a 1-1/8" square punch to punch them out, inked the edges, layered them on Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip, added some beyootiful Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon (again... hoarding...), Swiss Dotted the background, added some buttons and voila:


I have a busy day tomorrow but I'll try to get something done tomorrow night - see you then!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

cool challenge...like it..very nice!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Awesome card, I love the textures, and you rocked SFYTT! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply gorgeous! I love how you incorporated BOTH the Just Us Girls colors from this week's color challenge with Jen's sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with both :)

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful - love how you used that sketch - it's a fun one and you sure did a fine job with our colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation :-)

Maria said...

Fabulous job! Love that sketch you used and what u did with it. And great job with the JUGS colors this week! Thanks so much for playing along.

Tamie said...

You did a great job with the colors and the layout.

bonbon said...

I like these colors and layout to-gether. Well done.