*sniff* In my excitement of Thursday, I COMPLETELY forgot about my standing date with the gym on Friday nights ... which meant that I had to miss the Verve release party. *insert sad face here* On the positive side of things, when I got home, the stamps were out there for all of us to see and buy. I just have to decide which ones I really *need*...
On Thursday, my friend, Tamie, challenged me and two of our peeps (Leanne and Lori) to create a card. Well, I did make this one yesterday but didn't have time to post it on the blog. As part of Verve's release excitement, they gave us challenges to do where we could win some of the new releases! The first one I did was the sketch challenge:
I dug through all of my DP that was in my scrap box and found some of this retired SU! paper I just {heart}. Since I didn't need very much, it made sense to use up some scraps to create this:Recipe - Stamp: To Risk Plain Jane (Verve) Ink: Old Olive Paper: Regal Rose, Old Olive, So Saffron, SU! DP, Whisper White Accessories: Nestabilities, paper piercing, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, paper flower, buttons, twine, corner rounder
I got some new toys to play with so I'm off to spend the day creating - I'll do some laundry and other *stuff* too - but I plan to take it easy. Enjoy your Saturday!












8 comments:
Hey there, so glad you did this one, it was fun last night, wish you would have been here to craft together. Have fun today. Can't wait to see what other masterpiece's you come up with. Very nice card!
Fabulous sketch card!!! This sketch has me scratching my head still - maybe some green tea will get the juices going a bit LOL! Great bright colorus and I love all that white space.
OMG, Melissa ... simply gorgeous!
so gorgeous, melissa!
Incredible! The bright colors are set off so nicely by the white embossed background! Awesome job with the sketch, and thanks for playing!
Congrats on your Verve win :D Happy shopping!!
Beautiful!! LOVE the colors and embossing!! Congrats on the win!! Woot!
Love this! It is so pretty and springy!
Post a Comment