Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home


Happy Hump Day everyone!

I was out and about this morning but was able to get supper in the crockpot before I left so that I could *focus* on crafting the entire afternoon away!  I wish I was more organized to be able to do that every day ~ normally 4:00 rolls around and I panic trying to figure out what the family will eat in order to avoid starvation.  ;)

When I got home, I sat down to work on The Color Throwdown's color challenge combined with Sketch Saturday's sketch:



How's those colors for ya?  I haven't pulled out Marigold Morning for a L-O-N-G time...I think it works beautifully with the other colors.  I'm starting to run out of the "In Colors" cardstock ~ guess it's time to order more.  :)


I bought this stamp set a couple weeks ago in my LSS's clearance area - "Tiny Trinity" by Unity Stamp Company - for less than five bucks!  There are a couple other trees, a flourishy frame, and another sentiment in the set.  Not exactly sure how often I will *use* this sentiment but I sure liked it.  :)

Okie dokie - I'm off to do some more.  I really want to try to make a card with one of those fabulous scallo punch flowers I'm seeing everywhere...anyone know where I can find an easy tutorial?  I'll start at Splitcoast...

OH - don't forget to stop over at The Shabby Tea Room to check out my newest design team home.  Our inaugural challenge will launch on Monday so be sure to add it to your favorites or, better yet, become a follower!  We hope to have MANY of you join us next week.  :)

8 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous!!! I used that same emboss folder - lol! I love that sketch, too - I'll have to check it out!

Leanne said...

Very nice...nice to see those colors...

Debbie said...

Too cute, Melis! As far as the paper flowers go, there is a tutorial for crepe paper flowers on Melissa Frances (link on my blog) and for the punched ones that I use often on my cards - easy peesy - punch 4 - 5 scallop circles with desired paper, stack and punch a hole in the middle with paper piercer, scrumple them up individually, unfold, restack and put a brad or other embellie in the middle to hold together. Enjoy :)

Broni said...

Great image and coloring and I love how you combined the challenges. That row of pearls and the die cuts you used are just perfect! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card! You rocked these colors! LOVE the pinked circles and pearls! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Lori Turner said...

Wow, girlie! THis card ROCKS! I totally love that color combo...I will have to do mine first thing in the morning :)

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!! Great job!

bonbon said...

Nices card.Lv the layout and colors.