Sunday, March 28, 2010
Sunday Three-in-One 3-D Challenge
How much fun have I had??? I am not usually this ambitious but I was inspired by the JUGS gals to give it a shot. Their challenge this week is to use any template of our choice. Well, I don't own any templates but I thought I could come up with something all by myself...and that new slipcover box that Lauren is releasing April 1 is *mighty* cute...
I thought the Play Date Cafe's color combo would make a PerFeCT box set:
So I got out my scrap paper to sketch out some dimensions, decided on colors (Sahara Sand, Rose Red, Bashful Blue) and started cutting. In hindsight, I should have made the top cover's back the same size as the front but now I know. : )
I made the box and then went in search of a sketch I could use to make four cards that was fairly clean and simple so I could reproduce them quickly and found this beauty from Crazy 4 Challenges:
Et, voila...
Whaddaya think?? Super cute, hey? I'm very pleased with how this turned out and will definitely make some "tweaks" to my template before I make more.
Thanks for stopping by this Sunday morning - make sure you go over and check out the Curtain Call's new color combo - it's a beauty! Later, peeps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













26 comments:
The stamp sentiment says it all ... simply fabulous! Wonderful job with the template, colors and cards :)
Very nicely done M! I like it, them all. Very cool little box!
Really lovely job, Melissa...great use of the Play Date Cafe colors :)
We are happy to have you playing along once again!
Love your work, öove the cards and the colors, very pretty! Hugs Silke
Fabulous gift set :D Love the colours and the box is fabulous. Greta cards too.
Wow! You made this template yourself? I'm so impressed! And it's so beautiful as well! Love the colors and your design. The cards are a nice addition! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!
Great job Melissa. Your template came out beautifully and those colors are really lovely together. Sam.
Gorgeous set of cards and the box is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!
I am in awe! What a wonderful gift this would make. I love the simple but elegant cards to accompany the box. Thank you for sharing.
Such a beautiful boxed card set! Great use of the PDCC colors! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week.
Wonderful gift set, Melissa! Nice job on designing/making the box -- it is wonderful! So glad you played along with JUGS and the PDCC this week!!
WOW, fabulous job on making the template! The box looks fabulous, so pretty as are all the cards inside. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.
Hey look at you! You can design templates for MOI for my Stamp Camps! LOL...very nice!! TFS!
Holy Smokes Melissa! You hit all 3 of these challenges out of the park! You are so creative to design your own template! Your entire gift set is gorgeous! Love all the embossing! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge & the Play Date Cafe color challenge! :)
LOVE this card gift set! I can't believe you made the template!
Such creative work and you used the colors beautifully!
Ooh these are quite simply fabulous!! Lovely! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week. Hope to see more of your creations next week! :o)
well done. Lv your colors.
WOWZA this is fantastic - love your box - reminds me of the new slip cover from Lauren - I love your color choices and the simple cards are a lovely addition. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate it.
Stunning job!!! this is exquisite :) Thanks for playing along with us in the play date cafe this week
just gorgeous. Love the box. And the beautiful card for inside. Simple but very pretty.
Your card is just beautiful and I love everything about it!
WOW oh WOW--this is one AWESOME entry! I love the box and the cards are beautiful! GREAT job this week on the color combo:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!
Hey Melissa....add yet ANOTHER Fab 4 badge to your blog...congratulations. We loved what you did with this set and to have made the template on your own...FABULOUS!
Congrats on another Fab 4 badge. Your card is really fabulous! Love the box!
Congrats on winning Chic Of The Week #26 Melissa, please email your address to either myself or the JUGS, so we can get you your badge :) Thanks for playing!
Post a Comment