You'd have thought it was Christmas morning today - I was up *well* before 7 AM and couldn't get back to sleep... what's up with that? I figured why waste some perfectly good *quiet time?* I might as well get up and DO something. ;)
I was out and about most of yesterday so crafting was not on the agenda. I was busy blog hopping the other day and added MANY new challenges to my list ovah' dere -----> so please check them out. I found the Play Date Cafe's color challenge for this week and was immediately stumped:
I know the challenge says "blue", and normally I would have chosen a more "subdued" blue, but with that bold, bright hue staring me in the face, I thought I would "take it on." So, back to my Bold Brights I went (going where I RARELY go) and I dug out Brilliant Blue. Hmmmm...not exactly your first-thing-in-the-morning-inspirational-color to create with. And I don't have very much gold so I knew this was going to be mostly a blue and cream card.
I popped over to The Pink Elephant's weekly challenge to see what "brilliant" sketch they had posted.
Hmmm... *wheels turning...smoke pouring out of my ears...*
Recipe - Stamp: Snow Swirled (SU!) Paper: Bazzill Textured (cream), Brilliant Blue Ink: Versamark Accessories: Swiss Dots embossing folder, Nestabilities (Labels Four), gold embossing powder, adhesive pearls, ribbon, button, gold cord, paper piercer, Martha Stewart border punch
It was REALLY hard to get a good picture of this card - the flash made it too "in your face"...
... but whatever.
I hope to have time for another card later today. I need to get my ham in the crockpot - thanks for reminding me, Lor - and then laundry needs to be done and the house needs to be tidied before my parents get here tomorrow.
If I don't post again, I hope each one of you has a super fantabulous Christmas celebration, wherever you are. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
Just fabulous - what a great take on the sketch.
Have a brilliant Christmas - love from everyone at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
wow, is this ever gorgeous, I luv it.....have a fabulous day!
enjoy *~*
Post a Comment