Sunday, December 6, 2009

Taylor's Sketch Challenge and the Color Throwdown


I hope your weekend has been as relaxing as mine has. I spent yesterday in front of the fire while crafting and reading - couldn't get much better as far as I'm concerned! :)

I found Taylor's sketch for this week and combined it with the Color Throwdown. Thanks to both for great inspiration:


This card started out as a Christmas card when I remembered some SU! DP from last year I knew I had somewhere but ended up, well, as not-so-much a Christmas card! LOL And I think this might be the first card I've ever made that has NO STAMPING on it!


Recipe - Paper: Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, SU! retired DP Ink: Chocolate Chip Accessories: SU! Rub-ons, various circle punches, oval punch, swiss dots EF, ribbon, silver cord, alphabet tiles, buttons, paper piercer, adhesive pearls

I'm still not too sure about this card but "whatever!" That has become my mantra lately..."WHATEVER." :) I had fun making it and love the color combination.

I am ITCHING to get my Verve stamps Lori and I ordered last week - I've got a bazillion stamps but none of them are really inspiring me right now. I dig through my cupboard and none of them scream, "Use ME!" Do you ever feel like that?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - maybe I'll have time to make another card or two this afternoon while DH and DS#3 are out at a 4-H Christmas party. We shall see... :)

4 comments:

Broni said...

You really did a beautiful job in combining the challenges! I love the variety of shapes you used for the sentiment tabs. Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown with us!

Krista said...

Gorgeous ! Love what you did with the buttons !

Eve said...

love the big buttons! nice card!

Adriana Melges Q. Weingart said...

Amazing card! The buttons were a great idea!