Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One Day - Three Cards, Six Challenges


I DID IT!!  I finished wrapping the presents.  Well, OK - that's not the truth...  I'm done wrapping the "immediately necessary" gifts - the ones for my nieces can wait for a bit 'cause we're not going to see them at Christmas anyways.  My parents are coming up on Christmas Day and they will take those ones back with them.

I found two more challenge blogs to add to my ever-increasing list:  Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and Just Us Girls Challenge.  The JUGS challenge this week is a color challenge but it's not always a color challenge.


These were kinda hard colors to work with - I have no trouble putting light pink with red, but a stronger raspberry pink just doesn't "do it" for me.  Nonetheless, I persevered and came up with this:

Recipe - Stamp: Wreathabella (Stamping Bella), Ornamental Christmas (sentiment, Verve Ink: Old Olive, Versafine Onyx Black  Paper: Real Red textured, Rose Red, Old Olive, Kraft, Whisper White, SU! DP  Accessories: Nestabilities (pinking circles and circle), Argyle embossing folder, paper piercer, Copics, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Purely Pomegranate ribbon, Old Olive twill ribbon, metal clip, sponge dauber

I think that's it for me - three cards is enough for one day.  Probably won't have much time to craft tomorrow as I have to hit the gym in the middle of the day and the laundry is starting to pile up again.  I *think* I'm pretty much ready for Christmas - are you?

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh My Melissa! I am so glad you gave this week's color combo a try - Your card turned out fabulous! Great way to combine challenges :) Thank you for playing with Just Us Girls - I hope you return Saturday for an all new challenge!

Danni said...

This turned out great!! You really got those colors to work well together!! Awesome!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE those pinking circles! Great card!

Unknown said...

I guess I was successful with my challenge then ;). I'm glad you played along, your card is magnficent! The pinking circles are great and I love that you combined this with Mercy's sketch!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the JUGS challenge this week - hope to see you bak on Saturday for a new challenge!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Eeek! I love it! YOur bella is quite fetching on her three layered mats. Such a fun and festive card! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us GIrls. I hope you'll come back on saturday for a tempalte challenge and blog candy!

Davi said...

Wow this is very pretty. I love the pinking nestie and the textures.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous, great details...Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Lori Turner said...

Awww..she's a cute stamp that one! I love this card - turned out awesome! WTG Melissa!

Marge said...

What a darling card; love your pattern combos & your piercing -- all so fabulously put together!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cute! Love those pinking circles. I just ordered both sets yesterday.