Monday, December 7, 2009

Mojo Monday MADNESS!

OMG! I am soooo excited today! To start things off, it's a SNOW DAY!! YIPPEE! That means no school, no work and it's all about ME! :) It is in the -30*C's this morning and I am so glad I don't have to go anywhere.

THEN, if a snow day wasn't enough to make my day, it is MOJO MADNESS over on Julee's blog. That means not only is this week's sketch fun and beautiful but Julee's got PRIZES up for grabs too!! Can you say AWESOME?

I wanted to use my new Verve Stamps ~ this sketch would be perfect for the big, circular frame in the Thankful Accents set ~ but they aren't here yet!!! I'm hoping they'll get here this week so I can make another card. I decided to make a Christmassy card and this is what I came up with:
Recipe - Stamps: Christmas Greetings (Stampin' Up) Ink: Old Olive Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Dashing DP (SU! retired) Accessories: Sheer ribbon, gold cord, button, Swiss Dots and Swirly CB Embossing Folders, adhesive pearls, Nestabilities Circles and Pinking Circles, sponge dauber

Do you love it as much as I do? The picture really doesn't do it justice ~ I'm thinking I should have done the sentiment in Real Red instead of the Olive but...whatever. :) And, of course, I *HAD* to put pearls on it! LOL

OK - so that's my first entry for Mojo Madness. I totally {heart} this sketch so I think I will be using it a LOT this week. Thanks Julee!

Stay warm everyone - only 18 more sleeps until Christmas! Can you believe it???

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is as festive as your blog! Super cute! I love your enthusiasm for snow! I'm glad someone is happy about it! LOL!

Alicia said...

This is such a great take on the sketch what a wonderful job love your choice of papers. Hope I get mine done today thanks for the inspiration.

Eve said...

wow! this is such a beautiful card!

Laurie said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love the colors and everything about it! :)

Patti MacLeith said...

The pinked edges say "WOW!"

Lori Turner said...

Love it!!!

Robin McK said...

Nice colour scheme!

Dori Shelton said...

The white with the red really makes the card pop! Love the pinking edges as well.

savvy teaching tips said...

love your blog template - and love your card. Great job. Please check out my blog for blog candy stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

dj said...

congrats on winning the mojo sketch!! yippee how fun is that!! your card really is the bomb!! Awesome!!

Melisa Hunter said...

A very pretty card! Love you colour choices and your embellishments! Congratulations!

Kerry D-C said...

Great card!! congrats on your win!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow you deserved to win....... congratulations. What a fabulous card. Loved the colours and your take on the sketch!