I have had a very busy week so not much time for crafting but tonight, while my husband is out with 2 of the kids at their Christmas Concert, I am at home and FREE to craft 'til my heart's content. My friend Lori and I challenged each other to complete the same challenges to see what we would come up with. We chose the Diva Coffee Break Designs Color Challenge and this week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast:

Recipe: Stamp - Thoughts and Prayers (Stampin' Up) Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red DP, Razzleberry Textured Accessories: Finial Press embossing Folder, Swiss Dots, Old Olive marker, paper flowers, brads, Nestabilities (Curved Rectangles), rub-on (sentiment), satin ribbon
I love these colors together but, like Lori, I wasn't sure I could make them work. I thought if I put a bit of white in there that it would help to get the creative juices flowing. Can you believe we did these cards without talking to each other while we were making them??? We both used Olive satin ribbon, both used congratulations as the sentiment, both cuttlebugged with Swiss Dots and used a fair bit of white.
The weather has warmed up IMMENSELY here so it's actually not such a production to leave the house. I still have to finish my shopping... are you done?












4 comments:
How CRAZY is that hey?! We both used so many of the same elements on our cards - wheeee! I love that flower stamp from the Thoughts & Prayers set...you rock! Thanks for playing with me!
This cool. you girl are doing great Lv it.
Gorgeous! Love what you did with the sketch and our Diva colors! Thanks for playing!
This is great! Thanks for playing along!
Post a Comment